Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

suspension issues

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Hi guys,

Today I had car lowered on superlow all round. Have not changed the shocks yet, however mechanic insisted that strut tops and bearing were buggered and I need new one.. another $110 later.

Anyway, I picked it up just now. They left it out front and I used spare key as I was at uni until after they closed. When I turn the steering wheel the suspension is very noisy and when I turn left the left side o the car raises higher and vice versa with the right side.

From what I could see the tyre wasn't hitting anything.

Anyone have any ideas?

It wont let me include the video here.

Cheers

Vt v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6
Take it back tell them you want things done properly, id understand if it was a backyard job not professional.

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Yeah will be taking it back first thing in the morning complaining. Not happy at all - considering like you said its suppose to be a professional job.

Am hoping that anyne can shed some light so I have the information when going in there.

Pisses me off that they didnt let me know about the noise - impossible for them not to notice.

Vt v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6
Just show them the problem and say something isnt done right and its undriveable holding ya paper work say you can not drive this vechical beyond 40kms as I could flip my self and total my car. Lol, they should understand mate.

Vt v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6
Paperwork= Invoice, they sound very dodgy by not leaving ur Invoice and you have that problem, Me I would be mad right now, be calm and hopefully get it fixed tomorrow and you wernt giving youre invoice and the car has this problem, I can see whats going on here but lets hope ur attitude is better then mine :)

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
I have eftpos receipt and they still have my key. It will be very hard to remain calm but I am going to try. A family friend uses them and says they are good - I am not so sure. First time and last that I will use them.

Vt v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6
Good you have some evidence you can call the cops now if its not fixed, im not saying there bad people but to not do a simple job properly and to have the car doing that with no invoice left? Its just there waste of time and youres... im sure the guy who did the job has done a similar or same before but one out of the chicken nest has to be a bad egg at times, fortunately it can be fixed it just tell them how it is and you should not be charged nothing, if charged thats how you react to the situation lol :)

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Yeah, I cant believe that they didnt leave the invoice after saying they would.

Also they qould have heard the noise when driving it off hoist and parking it and decided not to mention anything or give me a call.

Bad service.

Will go in calm and see how we go.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
If they're the original crown bearings then they pretty much would have fallen apart in the guys hands when he took them out. Can't comment on noise without hearing it though.

Car raising from side to side as you turn sounds like castor, which could increase the lower you go. More castor isn't a bad thing though.