Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Suspension, where to start?

Gus The Snail

Born to be dizlegzic
Reaction score
ipswich - on the right side of the tracks
Members Ride
VS ute S2 1996
ebay , buy some lowered springs , and depending if shocks are gone.. a set of them as well ( new is always better )

VN Commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 5 spd/VR Calais daily driver
Some thicker sway bars will also do wonders for reducing your body roll.

holden1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS- Commodore Ute
sweet, so what kind of springs and shocks should I be looking for?
I know i can get i think it is a gabrieal shock for cheap but don't know if they are any good and what kind of sway bars should i be looking out for

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
Gabriel are a good quality shock, but not what you'd say performance... what are you paying for them?

VN Commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
sweet, so what kind of springs and shocks should I be looking for?
I know i can get i think it is a gabrieal shock for cheap but don't know if they are any good and what kind of sway bars should i be looking out for

It depends what you're trying to achieve with your handling, whether you want to go all out or make it a bit better while keeping a comfortable ride. I wouldn't like to drive my VN every day. Maybe some low springs and some not too extreme sway bars.

holden1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS- Commodore Ute
Yeah its my everyday car, I just want it to look neat and the way its sitting now I don't like so I wanna drop it a bit but not over the top, but I still want it to respond to me when I drive cause where I live there are no such things as straight roads the longest stretch of straight on the entrance may be 400m at most

VN Commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
A previous owner put king springs in my VR, I think they're just lows, and its a good comfortable ride but still handles pretty good and looks nice.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
If you can afford to, I'd recommend that you start off by replacing all the bushes you can find with Nolathane (or similar) ones. I am going to do this in both my (already lowered) cars, however I keep putting it off. It'd be heaps easier to just do it first and get it out of the way.

A good comfortable touring setup that also looks great is the setup I have in my VN. Much more comfortable than my VR, at least!! Better than any other (significantly) lowered car I've driven as well. King springs (super low) at each corner, matched with Koni adjustable shocks, front and rear. I threw in adjustable strut tops too, just for good measure. I drive at LEAST 25km on country roads each way every day, to anywhere, the setup is brilliant. Responds beautifully in any situation. It's honestly like a new car now, I'm so glad I did it.

Good luck with whatever you decide mate!!
Sam

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/reckless-motorsport/42339-king-springs-190-set-4.html
That link might help you when it comes to springs.