Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Suspension.

John a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb rsv
I have lowered my rsv using king springs I would advise anybody thinking of doing the same think carefully it has destroyed the comfort completely looks good though I have also had the chrome center bars painted black be aware they are plastic not metal as I thought the bars are easy to remove just remove the clips behind the grill .also fitted a k&n airfilter . Now can any one tell me how to disable the stop start technology permanently it really drives me nuts as I always forget to disable it manually. cheers John.

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
Good point about lowering. I had the same issue with my VE SS. It definitely cornered better but was only really useful on billiard table flat roads. I have an RSV wagon now and although it probably look better lowered an inch or so with 19s or 20s I fear it would spoil the ride completely and these cars don't have a lot of ground clearance to begin with...

John a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb rsv
Good point about lowering. I had the same issue with my VE SS. It definitely cornered better but was only really useful on billiard table flat roads. I have an RSV wagon now and although it probably look better lowered an inch or so with 19s or 20s I fear it would spoil the ride completely and these cars don't have a lot of ground clearance to begin with...
Matt if you lowered you rsv and then fitted 19s it would become undrivable I think if you lower it stick with the 18s I lowered it 1 Inch and the springs are 30% stiffer am thinking of putting the standard springs back in and then fitting 19s should still be comfortable.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
yep you can feel a king spring, especially in a ute, but the handling does improve with them, so does having all new suspension/chassis bushes changed at the same time to soften the effect. I wouldn't recommend using kings springs for lowering car, standard height is just bearable.

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
I have lowered my rsv using king springs I would advise anybody thinking of doing the same think carefully it has destroyed the comfort completely looks good though I have also had the chrome center bars painted black be aware they are plastic not metal as I thought the bars are easy to remove just remove the clips behind the grill .also fitted a k&n airfilter . Now can any one tell me how to disable the stop start technology permanently it really drives me nuts as I always forget to disable it manually. cheers John.
OBD plug off eBay will deactivate stop/start.

John a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb rsv
yep you can feel a king spring, especially in a ute, but the handling does improve with them, so does having all new suspension/chassis bushes changed at the same time to soften the effect. I wouldn't recommend using kings springs for lowering car, standard height is just bearable.

John a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb rsv
Tomorrow the car is booked in to put the original springs back in.it was just to rigid with the lowered springs .expensive exercise but we live and learn.