Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV 150 Front Headrest

Toby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS & VE Berlina
Hi Guys,
I need to remove the front Headrests from my SV150, Has anyone any idea how to do this :b: My workshop manual tells me to remove a clip from the base of the headrest pole ! We have not been able to even find a clip of any sort, And they won't budge :ranting: Please help.

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
attach an ADR approved rope assy around the head rest in question.. wind your required side window glass to the 'down' position , and tie the other end of your ADR approved rope assy around an equally ADR approved pole.

switch your ignition to ON thereby starting your motor car. place the gear selector into R for reverse (thats R for Rive if your asian). and release the handbrake.

commence giving your motor car '****' at this point, whilst remembering to duck as the head rest comes willingly free and land somewhere toward your right hand front speaker area.

:wave:

Toby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS & VE Berlina
Now why didn't I know that

:) Ok then, reading between the lines, you say that a good upword tug will remover the headrest. Yes no ? I thankyou for your reply even if it is in jest.

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
oh you want a serious one?

duno about hsv headrest ... but im gonna guess they didnt go overboard on the design there ... on the RHS bar heading down into the seat body you should find a little tab thing around the base of the bar you can squeeze .. squeeze this tab in and pull up on the headrest.

*this is from memory, which was a while ago somebody please correct me if i'm wrong*

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
my vn has the clips that ahve to be popped out with a flathead screwdriver for the headrest to come right out

D

demonflesh

hell yeah!
i have finally found someone else who has a vn sv 150
oi man, what the hell is an sv 150??
everyone i talk to thinks im crazy and there is no such thing.
do u have a pic of your car? what are the sv150 specs?

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol ... i remember this guy

and yes your still crazy

Toby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS & VE Berlina
Sv 150

SV150 no such thing, :yeah: Well all I can say is if they don't excist then I ride around in a very nice phantom. Mine was a 1989 build calais and was hsv enhanced in June 90, Tagged and stamped SV150 sorry don't have the build number handy, car is in for a roady as we talk (Local blue boys like it too) I do find it suprising that the die hards amonst you either know nothing of them OR maybe your just pulling somones leg, If thats the case Go for it. :whistling

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
wait so its a calais.. and was hsv enhanced.. was it factory enhanced or takin in after.. because hsv dont make calais.... wow this is troubling haha.. it would be interesting do know wat holden did back then!