Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 Ghostcam

SirNemesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
WHII Statesman

MACE

Reaction score
Can't see the logic in it. Changes like this will alter manifold vacuum at idle/off-throttle, which will affect braking potential and idle fuel economy. Why would you mess with **** like that for the sake of a noise which, lets be honest, sounds like something is broken anyway?

How much braking force do you need on idle, not that it's a problem in this case? Injector duty cycle hasn't changed, pumping losses (as indicated by engine reduction vacuum) has decreased so in theory fuel economy on idle can be improved (not that it would make a big difference)

In regards to mods (like this one) it's all subjective to personal tastes/requirements at the end of the day, just like some people prefer the sound of rotor's or 8's etc which should be respected.

Cheers,
Steve

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
I was under the impression that this 'Ghostcam' kicks in whenever in an off-throttle situation, not just when stationary. Let me know if this is not the case.

i was under the same impression mate.

MACE

Reaction score

MACE

Reaction score

philsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6
lol you can always go to your intake manafold, pull on of the hoses off about halfway down the manafold, sounds the same, even get a wiked hissing sound...

i did it for a couple min, sounded good, and got over it.