Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 on Injected Gas now

Flat_White

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rolls Royce "Fantom"
I doubt LPG is worth it... at ~80 cents a litre now, its just getting too expensive.. Alot of people say petrol is sky rocketing, but its even worse for gas. When LPG first came out, it was often under 1/4 the price of fuel... Then for a long time it sat between 1/3 and 1/2 the price of fuel but now it seems consistantly above 1/2 the price of fuel and theres no doubt it will follow the price of fuel from here, with the gas excise set to bring it even closer to actual price of unleaded.

Say an average of 12L per 100km @ 1.37 (todays price) = $16.44 per 100km... Multiply that by 150 to get 15,000km's (1 years travel for you) = $2466

Now LPG is sitting at 79.9 at say a mileage of 15L per 100km = $11.99 per 100km... Multiply that by 150 also = $1797.... $2466 - $1797 = $669... So basically you are looking at 3 years and 4 months minimum before you break even in terms of fuel costs.

But you also have higher maintenance costs etc. as well... Plus the 12 cent per litre gas excise. Maintenance costs are the major factor because they can accumulate quite quickly. So really will you still be keeping the vehicle in 4 years time? If so, it may be worth it (depending on what happens with gas prices). If not, its not worth it.

Hmmm, i fill up once every 2 weeks, at the cost of 59.9c/L (subtract 4c shopper docket) 55.9c/L... Petrol averages around 1.45/L at best.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
what, you think gas has become cheaper?

It has yes. As has fuel. At the time of posting, gas was up to high 70cpl to 80cpl range. Check price history, its available on the net.

The average gas price in Perth is still well above 59.9cpl anyway, though there are 3-4 servo's that seem to be selling it at 59.9cpl. But here in Adelaide you won't get it that cheap.

Here are the average prices for Adelaide up to January 2008 (time of posting). The average price here was 76.1cpl for LPG as you can see in the below table:
fuelpriceaverageforadelad5.jpg

Last edited:

smasha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
Hey, Got mine done that other week. No power loss at all. Got 570km to the tank for $40 to fill. No complaints from me at all.

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
I'd written off gas for my car because I only heard that 190alloytec + gas = no no.
Is the government still offering the rebate? (I'm in QLD) and what are waiting times these days. (Brisbane, Ipswich area.)

poweredbycng

Reaction score
I'd written off gas for my car because I only heard that 190alloytec + gas = no no.
Is the government still offering the rebate? (I'm in QLD) and what are waiting times these days. (Brisbane, Ipswich area.)

Gas + Alloytec 190 = non-existent from the factory, but is definitely do-able. Our SV6 is proof and runs as well on gas as it does on petrol. The federal rebate is still going strong. Enquire at your local gas fitter's for waiting times.

Regards,
Dave

allanssv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
hey guys sounds kinda desperate but how much power gaisn do u actually get from these conversions.