Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 Rear Mufflers

kido190

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Ute SV6 3.6 LFX

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Those aren't mufflers, they're a resonator with a Helmholtz resonator.
Then just a Helmholtz resonator on it's own.

Buy some actual proper performance mufflers.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Again I will say this.

Get extractors, then run those into a dual resonator, so the two perforated tubes sit next to each other, in the same resonator.

Then at the back have either areo chambers, for a grunty sound or turbo mufflers for a more refined sound.

Yes this system will cost some coin, if you can't afford it spend your time learning how to afford it or you'll end up like me still short of money.

Ok thanks buy, go grow up.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Again I will say this.

Get extractors, then run those into a dual resonator, so the two perforated tubes sit next to each other, in the same resonator.

Then at the back have either areo chambers, for a grunty sound or turbo mufflers for a more refined sound.

Yes this system will cost some coin, if you can't afford it spend your time learning how to afford it or you'll end up like me still short of money.

Ok thanks buy, go grow up.

So spend money to make it sound like crap....

Do a forum search about V6 exhaust systems and sounds....You'll get the same response...Keep it stock because any aftermarket system will make it sound like shite

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
So spend money to make it sound like crap....

Do a forum search about V6 exhaust systems and sounds....You'll get the same response...Keep it stock because any aftermarket system will make it sound like shite

Any you say? Have you ever heard a V6 with the system I described?
Also what is "crap"? Is that your personal preference?
Sound is objective, example, you and I likely don't like to cuddle up with a bottle of red listening to Taylor Swift, but there are plenty of people that do.
See, sound is subjective, what you like may not float the OP's boat and visa-versa.

Again unless you have tested every single configuration of exhaust, how do you definitively know that "any" aftermarket exhaust is going to sound "carp" as you put it?

Please explain if you would like.

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Perfect analogy, everyone's opinion is different.
There's those that can't stand Taylor Swift, or the circus she comes with, or V6's with big offensive exhausts. And there's those that are wrong and think they like TS because it's trending and likewise tell themselves the expensive V6 exhaust they now have is the peak in performance sound and all those that stop and look in awe are not actually swearing under their breaths at the earfuck driving past.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Any you say? Have you ever heard a V6 with the system I described?
Also what is "crap"? Is that your personal preference?
Sound is objective, example, you and I likely don't like to cuddle up with a bottle of red listening to Taylor Swift, but there are plenty of people that do.
See, sound is subjective, what you like may not float the OP's boat and visa-versa.

Again unless you have tested every single configuration of exhaust, how do you definitively know that "any" aftermarket exhaust is going to sound "carp" as you put it?

Please explain if you would like.

I'm not going to hold your hand doing the forum search about them....You do it and find out what everyone says....99% say, they sound like shite....

The only ones that say they sound good are those posting up saying they want to put an aftermarket system on

And yes, heard plenty of V6 Commodores with aftermarket exhausts...None sound good....Me listening to Tay Tay sounds better. And I hate her singing

Oh I didn't say they sounded like a pest of a fish...I said they sounded like crap...Not carp...

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Perfect analogy, everyone's opinion is different.
There's those that can't stand Taylor Swift, or the circus she comes with, or V6's with big offensive exhausts. And there's those that are wrong and think they like TS because it's trending and likewise tell themselves the expensive V6 exhaust they now have is the peak in performance sound and all those that stop and look in awe are not actually swearing under their breaths at the earfuck driving past.

In retort to that. If you don't give two fucks what other people think and it makes you happy, then I say go for it.

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
I did go for it, hence the reply.

Been there, done that with V6's. couldn't find a big enough muffler to quieten it down as embarrassing sounds when giving the boot. If you find one that sounds ok, ask the owner what it has. Good chance others still won't like it. And no, their opinions didn't matter. I have never done anything based on what others have said sounds or looks good or is fashionable. But sometimes it's still the same result to if they did.