Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sv6 Service Engine Oil

BerlinaBen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2 V6 + VZ Acclaim Wagon
Hi, the "service engine oil" thing just came up on my VZ wagon. It's a june 2005 model, does anyone know if there has been firmware updates since june 05? Just wondering if I go to Holden and ask them to update the firmware are they going to do anything or will they just reset the thing?
I love how they left this one out of the users manual.
Hope there is an update because that fuel gauge would be better off swapped for a stick to put down the into the tank.

vy-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T 6A & VH-ZXA
Might be in the wrong thread, but is there a way of determining which software version is installed into your car?

I have a VZ Adventra LX6, and just clocked up 23000k's. I am now getting this "service engine oil" warning as well. I will try the fix mentioned, but would also like to be able to determine if there is a newer version of the software out for the car.

Lets do a little test with this (Or someone more knowledgable can help) But, when you turn your key, hold Mode and set, it will come up with hidden features. First thing it has it Ver: (Version) I'm Assuming this is software version? Mine is an '04 sv6, i had new software loaded in 6 months ago because i had the v8 software in the dash an was getting 10k service intervals instead of 15k. Now i still got service engine oil one day. My version Says Ver: 000.024.000 What does yours say?

nige69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6
Hi QuIcKsV6,

My Adventra is reporting 000.033.000 as its version, so wether there is an update, who knows

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Lets do a little test with this (Or someone more knowledgable can help) But, when you turn your key, hold Mode and set, it will come up with hidden features. First thing it has it Ver: (Version) I'm Assuming this is software version? Mine is an '04 sv6, i had new software loaded in 6 months ago because i had the v8 software in the dash an was getting 10k service intervals instead of 15k. Now i still got service engine oil one day. My version Says Ver: 000.024.000 What does yours say?

the service interval doesnt need a reflash, its just a configuration issue.
from memory the latest instrument software is 000.065.000
this also needs the engine controller to be reflashed with compatible software.
Rob