Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sv6 short shift? also wheel problems?

DylanWillo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
Hey guys and girls

Recently my clutch has decided to die on me and I've finally got the funds for an exedy clutch kit with solid flywheel.
Opinions? Don't wanna go over $1500

However i want to throw a short shift in or even just lower the gear stick. Is it possible to cut them or is it not that simple, I can't find any kind of short shifter on the net and the throw doesn't bother me it's the height of it.

Also after lowering my sv6 the 20's are hitting the plastic guard inside the wheel arch, anyone else had this and know how to rectify it?

Cheers, any help is greatly appreciated :)

Willo
Ps: I'm running 245/30R20

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Hey buddy,

I got a exedy HD clutch kit w/ single mass flywheel paid $1400 bout a year ago. With the short shifter i wouldnt know off by hand but for the love of god dont cut the gear stick the gear stick, the throw will still be the same, think about it!!.

With ur rims, sorry but i think 20's are way to big for a SV6, max 19" ill go. U mite wanna go a size down if there hitting the inner gaurds.

What springs u running?

DylanWillo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
I'm running king SL all round, was tempted on 19's so might have to go with it.

As for your clutch I was quoted $1400 for the standard one. I'll have to check again. The throw is fine it's the height that sucks! Want it to be lower

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
it is as simple as cutting the gear stick to shorten the lenght of the gear stick. I think you could cut about 20mm - 30mm off and it would be excellent. Just depends on what sort of metal it is to how it can be welded

DylanWillo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
Ide assume its alloy and I've got a mate who can weld it. I think 30mm sounds about perfect :)