Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 TO SS DRL surrounds Conversion

jairhg08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sedan
Hi guys,

Got another quick question for you. Is it possible to swap out my SV6 surrounds to these SS ones and have the fog light wired up to work?

SS DRL surrounds.jpg

Cheers,

Shm1ck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
Wiring is not present, also not sure about switches on the dash

ndwalters

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
You'll have to get a dash switch and then run some wiring for the fog lights. The wiring will have to go from the ignition, to the switch and then a relay from the battery to the fog lamps. Its not an easy thing to do.

My suggestion would be to have a look at this thread and use your DRL at night instead.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
Hi guys,

Got another quick question for you. Is it possible to swap out my SV6 surrounds to these SS ones and have the fog light wired up to work?

View attachment 172286

Cheers,

is it the same shape then yes as long as they fit your area , best to get it done professionally if you want it looking good , its not going to be cheap job to do , get some quotes first. I did a vr once its easy if you know how but the lights themselves were 100 a side so I imaging yours are going to be more.