Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 with GPS

baracuda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Today fitted my SV6 with a tom-tom GPS. bought another sunglass holder/interior light unit out of Calais ($44) and fitted in the tom-tom car kit had lying around.although the sunglass compartment was a lil too small it still fitted in nicely and is better then ruining the interior.as the unit can be swapped out and original put back in. and no suction cap marks on the glass etc.

Attachments

• 22112008(004).jpg
    22112008(004).jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 541

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
is it removable and how does it get fixed to it?

also how did you get holden written in the screen

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR

TomTom's come with software that lets you customise a lot of the features, including the startup/shutdown screens.

baracuda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
its removable as it slides into a car kit from behind but if it was a navman i think the fit would have been better and less modifying as tis not so high and wider.power i got from a hidden acessry plug located under the radio behind the trim (driver side)
as danja said tom-tom comes with a lot of online software through tom-tom home to customise the screens at start up and shutdown

not in way of rear view mirror otherwise i woudnt have dun it

is it removable and how does it get fixed to it?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
its removable as it slides into a car kit from behind but if it was a navman i think the fit would have been better and less modifying as tis not so high and wider.power i got from a hidden acessry plug located under the radio behind the trim (driver side)
as danja said tom-tom comes with a lot of online software through tom-tom home to customise the screens at start up and shutdown

not in way of rear view mirror otherwise i woudnt have dun it

ok cool, i think i might have to start looking through the software then, i have a ONE XL,

on a bit of a hijack when you turn yours off, does yours show a picture of the gps in a hand going into a breifcase? does this mean its fully turned off or just in standby, cause mine seems to go flat rather quick and being only a year old.......

baracuda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
mine used to show the picture of hand moving into briefcase and changed it too bart simpson swimming naked like nirvana album cover.yehh the unit is switched off fully. and yes have noticed lately my battery drains quick too hopefully installed full time in car will give it a good charge.
plug the ONE XL into your computer via mini usb and it shoud install tom-tom home from the unit. then via the net will ask u to update the home software and that of the unit.

have fun

ok cool, i think i might have to start looking through the software then, i have a ONE XL,

on a bit of a hijack when you turn yours off, does yours show a picture of the gps in a hand going into a breifcase? does this mean its fully turned off or just in standby, cause mine seems to go flat rather quick and being only a year old.......

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
Today fitted my SV6 with a tom-tom GPS. bought another sunglass holder/interior light unit out of Calais ($44) and fitted in the tom-tom car kit had lying around.although the sunglass compartment was a lil too small it still fitted in nicely and is better then ruining the interior.as the unit can be swapped out and original put back in. and no suction cap marks on the glass etc.

looks good. i might look at doing the same except mould it in the glasses holder a bit better. kinda like so it looks like a gps holder, instead of just being stuck into a glasses holder. just a couple questions with yours. when you close up, does cords get in the way? how do you get reception for it if you arent using suction cups? also, how did you fit it in there? it looks good mate

PhantomSV6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
That's clever. I like it.

baracuda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
this is the Mk2 version and hence still looks like tis a sunglass holder(...was experimenting and didnt wanna chop to much up) i was considering removing the sunglass thing all together and fit a black plastic squarish box to encase the gps.also this version was a bit of a tinker over saturday(had the day spare and was bored)so it doesnt close but hey better then obvious gps suction cup marks or holes in the dash or trim.reception is sweet better then when it was sitting below the radio in the cup holder.managed to fit the gps in there coz i aquired a tom tom car kit when i was in europe so its sits nicely in a cradle.which is fitted inside the sunglass holder.

looks good. i might look at doing the same except mould it in the glasses holder a bit better. kinda like so it looks like a gps holder, instead of just being stuck into a glasses holder. just a couple questions with yours. when you close up, does cords get in the way? how do you get reception for it if you arent using suction cups? also, how did you fit it in there? it looks good mate