Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Swapping exhaust system etc and air pod filter from vr to vs

adz2030

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs acclaim
This is my first post so g'day all. I just got a vs commodore after getting a defect sticker put on my commodore vr and finding out it cost too much to fix up for RWC. Now i dont have great knowledge so was wondering if someone could enlighten me. Iv noticed my vs has less go than my vr. My VR has extractors and 2 1/2 exhaust i have heard the extractors won't fit but will the rest of the system fit if i bought vs extractors? Also i have an air pod filter on my VR will that go straight onto my vs?

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR II berlina wagon v6, 72 HQ ute 253
you need to have a look at the vs exhaust system and see if the cat is on the passangers side and not in the middle (same as the vr) if it is than the exhaust will fit. other wise no it wont.

air pod filter will go on but you might need an adaptor for the air flow meter on the vs.

othar than that welcome

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
The vr exhaust system wont bolt right up to the stock VS y-piece and headers. You can cut it and weld it to fit easily enough though.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The VS front section is completely different, the VR system will not fit the VS. The VS extractors retain the original Y pipe and cat and leaves it in the stock position. The rear mufflers are interchangeable, but only if the VS has a 2 1/2" on it as well. If the VS is stock, then nothing will fit.

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
As for the pod filter, either try and shield it from the power robbing hot engine bay temps or invest in a over radiator cold air intake. SS inductions make a nice one but its a little expensive. There's also a few threads going around about a home made CAI that comes out of the bottom of the intake and down under the front bar out of PVC pipe.
I made one for my old VT and its on here somewhere but who knows now

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
As for the pod filter, either try and shield it from the power robbing hot engine bay temps or invest in a over radiator cold air intake. SS inductions make a nice one but its a little expensive. There's also a few threads going around about a home made CAI that comes out of the bottom of the intake and down under the front bar out of PVC pipe.
I made one for my old VT and its on here somewhere but who knows now

Edit

POST #20

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vt-vx-holden-commodore-1997-2002/18150-homemade-air-duct-pics.html#post140449