Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Swearers face instant $100 fines

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
Again with the bs. Who comes up with these laws, or more to the point, are they trying to figure out new and wonderful ways in which to piss people off? Well let me see if i can pull some out of you know where;

- Non symmetrical haircuts are not allowed on public transport.
- All offensive images are to be removed from the internet, all of them. Even pictures of Fran Drescher.
- Neapolitan ice cream reinforces the segregation of society and may cause unrest, this isn't on in a multicultural society such as Australia.
- Confusion causes chaos, therefore everything will be dumbed down to avoid stupid people running riot.

Feel free to add more, you get my point though.

sjmcc

Reaction score
Website
www.hawthornweightlifting.com
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Again with the bs. Who comes up with these laws, or more to the point, are they trying to figure out new and wonderful ways in which to piss people off? Well let me see if i can pull some out of you know where;

- Non symmetrical haircuts are not allowed on public transport.
- All offensive images are to be removed from the internet, all of them. Even pictures of Fran Drescher.
- Neapolitan ice cream reinforces the segregation of society and may cause unrest, this isn't on in a multicultural society such as Australia.
- Confusion causes chaos, therefore everything will be dumbed down to avoid stupid people running riot.

Feel free to add more, you get my point though.

Dear God, the Neapolitan Ice cream line has me in stitches!!

cracker

Reaction score
what will constitute a swear word...?
ass? balls? crap?

best we just ban everything i think, i love the blanket approach too legislation.

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
hhmmmmm i'm a bit iffy on this one.

i swear like the best of them, especially at work you'd be lucky to find ANYONE that can string a sentence together with just "normal" words with no swearing. but when i'm at home, or even around any children, weather they are my own or someone elses, i tend to try not to swear. I make it a point to not swear.

i go to the shop and you can hear the way parents talk to their children......the people that live behind us need effing muzzles......the way theu speak to their young children is totally disgusting and majorly un called for.

In family events, i agree..........absolutely fine them and make them feel irrelevant.........but if you're at work, or out with other supposed "grown up adults", then you should be able to say whatever the hell you want to say. Who are we trying to impress anyway?

You have the choice to walk away and not watch or listen..............so what's the problem?

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
I wonder if they count dang, crikey and flamin mongrel as swear words. We should tell the silly coots that make up these new laws to go to billio LOL

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
has anyone seen the movie "Demolition Man"?

too coincidental if you ask me.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
I feel sorry for all the greeks, serbians and such out there, They could be getting 6 fines a sentence!

Seriously though, It is all in the tone of voice, hearing people dropping the f word multiple times in a sentence just talking doesn't offend me in the slightest. It is the ones who say stuff like "I went down to the f-ing shop" "ya f-ing",etc. If they are swearing to be offensive then it is different then swearing during normal conversation.

I also reckon swearing is fine if you feel really strongly about something, or hurt yourself really bad. It's the easiest way to show how you feel.

Parents who swear at their kids while yelling is just wrong. However, I know parents who swear around kids sometimes but it's never directed to them, usually some form or emotion, pretty much only the f word too, and their kids are fine.

In saying that any swear word is just a word, and most have lost meaning these days. You can be more offensive without using any swear words if your tone of voice implies that.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I don't think the police will use this very often but only when they have some smart ass mouthing off to them when it's unnecessary.