Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sydney Motor Show, Waste of Time and Money

Hot-Rod

SuPaFlY -LiV3 Surviv3 Di3
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
Just got back from the Syd motor show, it was the same old stuff, with a different colour and different day. The only good bit was the Holden stand.

Apart from that i paid $17.00 bucks for the experience as well. Anyone else been to the syd motor show and thought the same thing?.

Cheers.

thoughts welcome.

Links to Pics --- Flickr: Photos from Austguy

Last edited:

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
I thought it was lame too. I was in and out within 20 minutes last year.

A few nice pics there though mate.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
Do they have lamborghini or porsche this year?

That's what let it down majorly last year. I did two laps of the place trying to find value for money, but was out of there after 30 minutes last year. The boat show interests me much more these days.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I much prefer to go to Sexpo with my mrs and a few friends, more exciting!!

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Perhaps if Melbourne and Sydney got over their squabbling and just let one city have the big motor show it might be better off.

Having a stand at a motor show is VERY expensive so other than the big manufacturers such as Ford, Toyota, Mitsubishi and Holden... The others often pick and choose with alot of companies going to Sydney one year, Melbourne the next.

The Australian market is too small to have 2 major motor shows. Companies paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to show their cars to a rather limited audience (comparitably) is not exactly inviting.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
Just got back from the Syd motor show, it was the same old stuff, with a different colour and different day. The only good bit was the Holden stand.

Apart from that i paid $17.00 bucks for the experience as well. Anyone else been to the syd motor show and thought the same thing?.

Cheers.

thoughts welcome.
i agree, i went to the Adelaide motor show ( same thing, different city ) and found that i was out of there pretty quick, not too may cars that i haven't seen before or care about.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
Perhaps if Melbourne and Sydney got over their squabbling and just let one city have the big motor show it might be better off.

Agreed. Melbourne should have it and Sydney should give up :D

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
i agree, i went to the Adelaide motor show ( same thing, different city ) and found that i was out of there pretty quick, not too may cars that i haven't seen before or care about.

It's not the same thing but different city... The melbourne and sydney shows are much larger than ours, more cars, more stands. They're actual international motor shows... Ours is just a holden, ford and 3 or 4 mitsubishis show :p

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
^^^ im moving to sydney then, better value for money.