Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

system won't work

emmtee83

Reaction score
Members Ride
'84 VH SLE
Hi guys.

Just fitted a sub and amp to my pioneer deck today. Have triple-checked the wiring to everything, all seems OK, amp is getting power, but no sound from the sub or back speakers (which I have connected to the amp).

I still have the front speakers connected to the head unit....do I have to disconnect these so the amp can work? How can I check the pre-outs behind the head unit to see if they are working or faulty? possibly my RCA cables are working but not transmitting sound due to pre-outs being stuffed?

any help with this is much appreciated, thanks guys

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
have you connected the remote wire??

emmtee83

Reaction score
Members Ride
'84 VH SLE
have you connected the remote wire??

Yes, remote wire is connected, i just soldered a wire to the spade connector at the back of the head unit and led it back to the REM port on the amp....

I tried another pioneer head unit, wouldn't work on that one either, so I can only presume the pre-outs are not at fault.

I have a 4 channel amp, but only want to hook up the two rear speakers and the sub. Please guide as to how to wire up (just to confirm i have done it correctly....)

Thanks

Last edited: