Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

T- converter

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Been very happy with transgo products and the ability to tailor the setup to your needs with the one kit. Also buy mine from the above supplier - I drive past there regularly so it's handy too. Also well priced.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Converter arrived and trans is now fitted with the Vette servo and a new front seal, just as a precaution. Not sure whether I should have the garage fitting the engine and trans drop the pan which would remove nearly all the old oil? It was serviced less than 10k ago using full syn. I just don't know if this is really needed or not. I would need at least another 4L of oil plus a pan gasket. Like to hear some thoughts? I don't have the bill from the garage yet and I only have $1000 bucks to cover his labour. Another $100 on the trans could mean I don't have enough to pay him on Fri. I may not anyway, as I haven't asked him how much I am up to already. But if I really should drop the pan then so be it. I just need to arrange a pan gasket and oil sometime tomorrow. Even though I may not have enough to cover the bill, if it should be done then I will pay the extra and have it done. I don't want to go all out and then skimp at the end just because I can. But a $100 saving is a $100 saving.

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
You will need some fluid as the converter will take a couple of litres but other then that I wouldn't worry, 10k is nothing unless it's burnt.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah I don't reckon it would be burnt or the tech who serviced it last would have mentioned it. I will just stick with plan A. I gave the bloke 4L so that should fill the converter no worries and leave me some for the ext cooler when I reconnect the pipes.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Then I will definitely leave the pan on. I looked on JC and it seemed 8L was close to a dry fill. That would really suck if I didn't have enough fluid and he needed me to shoot into Town to get some.