Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

t5 and vt ecotec

matty.bron

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual Vs v6 wagon
hey yea a vt motor fits in a vs but you have to change the intake manifold to a vs because vt has the EGR and the getrag will bold up because thats whats in my vs.. use vt fuel rail n vt injectors for better throttle response..

ecotec_vg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute ecotec/T5 5sp
ok im currently doing a similar conversion on my vg ute, im putting a vt ecotec into it but keeping the t5 5sp , ive seen it done , just wondering if anyone knows anytricks about the conversion and wat extra parts i will need, im keeping the standard vg harness and computer, i know i need a vs manifold so i can do away with the egr bullshit, have located a vt single mass flywheel (is this the 1 i will need) and what clutch do i order?

Lazin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS V6 Wag
Got rid of the T5 out of my S1 vs v6 it was a horrible box with a horrible cable clutch holden gave the v6's a weak box with a huge gap between 2-3.
Can put (forgive the next statement) Ford xr6 turbo internals inside with better ratio and good for 300kw and then a hydro clutch change but with a decent clutch kit you wont get any change from $4k, or for $3k and a bit of hard yakka you can fit a fully manual toughened 4l60 and save your knee and your drive line.

Just a thought.

ecotec_vg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute ecotec/T5 5sp
well i would get a t56 but trying to keep costs down

E-T-H-A-N

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack manual
bridge green and grey so by pass the neutral lock out switch, vt pedal box is diffrent, the pedal is an entirely diffrent shape. and the vn ones were held in with a bolt weather as the vt was held in with a pin, also the pedal spring is completely diffrent. also, the cable clutch pulls the for towards the engine, hydrolic pushes the fork the other way.

Skullator

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2
Does the clutch tha came with the t5 bolt up to the 8 bolt flywheel?
If not what will i need
does a dellow flywheel need to balanced?
fitting vx supercharged motor to hj ute
so far so good..............so far
Mike