Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

t5 conversion

arc angel vn ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 custom VR ute
hey guys i bought a t5 conversion for my ute and i bought a special ecu so that i wouldnt have to change the wiring harness and i bought it and the schematics are telling me to cut this and cut that and join this problem is this is for a 3 wire speedo senser the speedo senser that came with my gear box has 4 wires wat is the extra wire ??? and how can i make this work

clubby_you

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
the car will never run right unless you get the proper manual ecu and engine bay wiring loom because the ecu does not know how fast the car is going wont idle right will get terrible fuel econemy and myn even threw a few flames out the exhaust when i was using my auto ecu when slowing from high revs..

Steery

AA 554 G
Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR SS M5
Sell the, 'special' ECU and buy a genuine manual one. Might lose a few $ but you won't have the ECU issues your bound to have with the 'special' one. (whether that be wiring it up or how it performs)

fonzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina s2
yeah get proper ecu i did the conversion with a manual loom but in all the confusion of wanting to take it for a spin once it was all bolted up i plugged in the auto ecu it stalled a few times. had pretty crappy power was over all pretty **** lol...soon as i got the manual ecu into it. was all good