Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

T5 Gearbox

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
Hi everyone, a mate of mine has a full manual conversion out of a VP (cable clutch so its a t5?) that i want to chuck into my auto vs ute.

said he will give it to me for $500 with new clutch.

Just wondering, is the t5 any good? or are the getrags better?

Also how much would it cost to get the manual freshened up/rebuilt. I may aswell while its out

Cheers

FusionX

Reaction score
T5's aren't a bad box depending on how they are built and what sort of driver you are. The advantage of the T5 to the Getrags, the T5 can be rebuilt quickly and a lot cheaper if you blow it up.

Cost to freshen up a T5 with new bearings/syncro's would be around $700-850. Depending on condition of internals.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
T5's are a good box, I've done over 100,000kms with mine (between 2 cars) and driven it hard, but with respect and never had a problem.
After working for various Holden dealers, and seeing all the dramas with Getrags, I would choose the T5 - better box IMO and as mentioned cheaper and easier to repair if required.

21AZI

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo
T5's are a good box

gen3

Reaction score
Members Ride
manual vn commodor . turbo might be cool
the t5 are awesome .... the getrags are realy **** . and to replace clutch and fly wheel is like 1000 for genuin on and 950 or somthing for a not gunuin one. i think u should go for it mate ...... o and the getrags go thro clutches like every six months if ur towing heavy **** . like car trailers