Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tailgating

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
i have a manual car.
going downhill to keep to limit i dump it back a gear. and brake if required.
amount of people that get close amaze me. although when the slightest flash of red brake lights come on they must slam on every brake they can.

did that once and this truck that all i could see was the grill then went about the length of the MCG back behind.

its amazing how many people want to travel close.
ahh well. i do have panelbeating to be done (im picky). if anyone wants to travel close enough. i dont mind them paying the $1000 or so dollar bill.

as said.
report.
and agree with Jest, Hoon Terminology when used correctly is fine. obviously was a hoon and a moron.
will be up that creek no paddle by the sounds of it.

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
I don't even need brakes when I have manual I just keep dumping back the gears to slow down and only use the brakes when I'm sure I really need them

Critical Jim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VL SL
Been said before but gotta jump on the wagon.

Hate people who tailgate with an absolute passion.

All my vehicles bar the VL have nice chunky towbars which sometimes makes them think twice.

Favorite trick if Im in the truck is to change down a gear or two and give them a nice coating of diesel particulate.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
What a tosser he probably has his own thread somewhere "someone with a towbar reversed into my supra...rage!!"

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
What a tosser he probably has his own thread somewhere "someone with a towbar reversed into my supra...rage!!"

That would be assuming supra drivers can form a sentence.

VT_SS

-
Reaction score
Members Ride
EVIL304
I don't even need brakes when I have manual I just keep dumping back the gears to slow down and only use the brakes when I'm sure I really need them
LOL You would be a bit lost when driving an auto then, look we all have had this tailgate rage before, work out what best works for you. If that means ringing the coppers on him do it, or just be prepared for the next time you see him.

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
1. I would report the moron.
2. I live by a rule I have seen on a bumper sticker, "the closer you get the slower I go" works a treat every time, I had this stupid bitch doing 35kms/hr in an 80kms/hr zone before she woke up and backed off, rather than go around me.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I dont mind tailgaters, its rarely a problem for me because i dont prevoke it. too many people don't understand the 'keep left unless overtaking' law (its NOT 'keep left unless doing the speed limit', if there is no-one on your left, get into the bloody left lane)

On slower than 80 roads, if i ever see someone closing in at a fast rate of speed, i move to the left lane and let them pass (to find all the speed camera's ;))