Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tech 2 - enable IQ RSE input

ao27893

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY berlina
Hi all, been awhile since I have posted

Anyway, I have a 2011 Ve ssv with nav and reverse cam.

I recently got myself a clone tech 2. After a bunch of head aches and piss farting around, I got it to work.
I had a hard time finding software for our Aussie cars but managed to get Holden 143 (if anyone has a later version let me know, i will pay for the bin file)

I enabled the tyre pressure monitoring in the rfa and in the cluster. I am now just waiting in the tpms sensors.

But more to why I acttuly posted.
I'm soon going to be adding the Audison bit play HD to my sound system and want to use the video out to display on the IQ unit (which gives track names and movies and such.
But I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to enable RSE input with the tech 2.. If it is even possible?

Anyone that has done this before or who can point me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

I would also prefer to avoid jsp rse option as its quiet costly, unless I have no other option

Rogue Trooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SII SV6
I've got a 2010 SV6 and the local dealer enabled the RSE input on my IQ unit when they enabled the reverse camera function for me. Only charged me an hours labour and filled in the rest of the time updating a bunch of other modules at the same time. They used their Tech 2 Web utility though if that helps in any way.

ao27893

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY berlina
I've got a 2010 SV6 and the local dealer enabled the RSE input on my IQ unit when they enabled the reverse camera function for me. Only charged me an hours labour and filled in the rest of the time updating a bunch of other modules at the same time. They used their Tech 2 Web utility though if that helps in any way.

So I guess it can be done
When ever I try to upgrade the iq it ask me to put a usb with configuration file into the USB port in the centre console

I'm not game to try do it without it.
Wonder where I can get the files needed

Thanks

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
So I guess it can be done
When ever I try to upgrade the iq it ask me to put a usb with configuration file into the USB port in the centre console

I'm not game to try do it without it.
Wonder where I can get the files needed

Thanks

Hi there,

We can activate it for you in Melbourne along with reverse camera, VIM etc. We activate through the OBD port but not using our Tech 2.

Let us know if you have any questions, hopefully you've sorted it out by now though.

www.facebook.com/automotivelightingcustoms or [email protected]

assis.rs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE Omega - Brazilian
Hi all, been awhile since I have posted

Anyway, I have a 2011 Ve ssv with nav and reverse cam.

I recently got myself a clone tech 2. After a bunch of head aches and piss farting around, I got it to work.
I had a hard time finding software for our Aussie cars but managed to get Holden 143 (if anyone has a later version let me know, i will pay for the bin file)

I enabled the tyre pressure monitoring in the rfa and in the cluster. I am now just waiting in the tpms sensors.

But more to why I acttuly posted.
I'm soon going to be adding the Audison bit play HD to my sound system and want to use the video out to display on the IQ unit (which gives track names and movies and such.
But I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to enable RSE input with the tech 2.. If it is even possible?

Anyone that has done this before or who can point me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

I would also prefer to avoid jsp rse option as its quiet costly, unless I have no other option

Hey! This is great news! I´m also looking forward to enable the TPMS in the RFA - do you mind in give me directions to do it please?
(And to enable the remote start if you was also able to).
About RSE, I remember a guy when tried to unlock the IQ stereo in my VE1 (Removed the blaujunk as some people say), tried to use several VINs to do it. He quit because wasn´t able to unlock - but when I decided to write directly in the EEPROM my VIN, the RSE was there - available.
I suspect this was unlocked due to several tries to program the stereo with some VINs over the internet. (I have some if you want).

But don´t forget to remember that you will be prevented to see the screen with the car in movement... you will need to have the famous and top secret VIM... who knows to do it, don´t share it. I hope if don´t sell the car first, to figure out how to do it...

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You can also contact forum sponsor Envyous customs who does this. Has a sub forum on here.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON