Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tech2Win and GM worldwide access sites.

BottFodder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega II
Has anyone come across Tech2Win yet?

Its a GM written, PC replacement/adjunct for the Tech2. You need to get an external interface which then connects via a USB COM port (COM9 normally) and then you have a full TECH 2 set on your PC. I came across it on this site.

https://www.gme-infotech.com/links.html

Once you download the app then you need to activate it for a set time (such as 1 day). For 25EUR it probably cheaper than a visit to the dealer to reset some stupid value on your car.

There seems to be extra download files related to different models so maybe there isn't any AU files available.

I was trying to get repair manuals from this site for my VY and came across.

https://www.acdelcotds.com/acdelco/action/home

It seemed to indicate that AU vehicles were on the site but once I'd coughed up my $20 for a 3 day subscription I couldn't find anything related to VY's. It specifically mentions Australian on the site but nothing of interest once I'd paid up.

On the top right it has "Region" with GMNA (North America), LAAM (Latin AM), GMAP (Asia Pacific) - thought I'd hit gold here but its only in Korean! and GME (Europe).

Its strange that there are no Australian equivalent websites like these. It would make maintaining your Holden product a bit easier.

Oddly enough, all I'm trying to fix is the classic "Air con goes to windscreen" on throttle syndrome.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Maybe give them a call,

In Australia use 0011-1-800-825-5886 prompt #3.

BottFodder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega II
I did... Received an email back with the pointer to the European site.

They asked for my VIN etc, I've sent that and am now waiting for another reply. I suspect it may arrive early Tuesday morning with the US Help desk gets going again.

BottFodder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega II
Dunno if anyone is interested but I received this reply after submitting my VIN,

--------------
I'm sorry the vehicle you needed to look up was not included in our GM SI. So we have processed a refund for you--please see attached notepad giving the details of this refund. I'm not sure if the 2002 Holden would be included atwww.gme-infotech.com. You may want to contact their customer assistance first. ACDelco Central Office tells me, "It looks like Holden information wasn't electronic until 2005, though." If you need GM SI again for a different vehicle, feel free to email us the vehicle information first, and we will see if the vehicle is included in our GM SI. Thank you, AngieACDelco eBusiness Help Desk1-800-825-5886, Prompt 3
-------------

VZ and up by the looks of it.

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
Yes , I went through the same trouble trying to get HOLDEN Tech 2 Downloads from Delco USA. I heard you have to telephone them & get them to "Open" the Holden Download especially for you as you are about to plug your Tech 2 into their download centre (and pay the $1100 3 moth subscription.) Forget it!!! I have since got a pretty good Bosch/VetronicTech 2 card loaded with most of the same features here in Australia You miss out on the real intricate data access & you cannot actually do Tune ups), ( (you can get website just search "Vetronic") I had to buy a Tech 2 blank datacard from USA for about $300 US (ebay) & send it to Vetronics & they load their HOLDEN models data on it & send it back by registered post for another $350. So for a total of about $700 I have a perfect Tech 2 with ALL the Holden models on it pertaining to the Tech 2 & no ongoing fees. ( I bought a second hand Tech 2 from USA for about $2000 off ebay (non chinese) ex dealership closedown & its working perfectly. I am now laughing but boy there was a lot of trouble to get this far!!!

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
so if i bought a tech2 clone, would it work in australia commodores ok or not? or do i have to go through all the issues you went through here?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
so if i bought a tech2 clone, would it work in australia commodores ok or not? or do i have to go through all the issues you went through here?

If you get the GM card for AU GM Cars,
Yes it will work
But,
Some of the more expensive clones are built better than a cheaper clones,
Depends where you purchase it from.
And what you want to use it for.

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
Side Note :

For what its worth, You could look at another brand/model that will do more than a STD Tech2 does.

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
what others you know of?

There is a few different brands out there,
Autel, Snap On, Launch to name a few,
All depends what you wish to do with it will depend on the brand and mode your after.

FYI
I had a clone Tech2, but one of the better built units I paid Approx $700 for,
and have since sold it to a JC member a little while ago.
I had it for approx. 6 months and didn't really use it, but was going to keep it as a collectors item,
But figured, Someone else could make good use of it, since I always use the Autel I have that does a bigger range of cars.
But if your after a Tech2, they are still around, just need to search for them.

Last edited: