Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tekno 400 vs C&A Auto tunes.

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
I’d prob use aps. They have a good rep for drivablility. I used c&a long time ago to “upgrade” the generic walkinshaw tune and it IMO was no different even paehaps slower.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Just got of the phone to APS. They do intake and full exhaust for $5700 and get about 385hp at the wheels. C&A similar package is $5200 and they get 404hp at the wheels. I don't know either of the tuners from a bar of soap. They both seem to know their stuff when I talk to them, as they should. I can't find any bad reports on them, so is it just as simple as going with C&A to save myself $500 and spend it on the wife so she doesn't suspect me spending money on making the already fast car faster.;)

Both are reputable and use good parts, you're going to get a few different reports from individual experiences but you can't really go wrong with either. One is cheaper but the other thing to consider is proximity. I don't know where APS is but C&A is out in Blackburn. If you're going to get your car serviced there as well keep proximity in mind.

Deucefanny

Reaction score
Members Ride
17 VFII Redline
I'm in Ballarat so servicing will be done by a mate that owns his own mechanics shop. I'd take it to Ballarat holden but every time I've had my car serviced there they've either scratched it or put stains on the interior.
Just after a tune and go fast parts. Or do I just wait and save for a supercharger :rolleyes:

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I'm in Ballarat so servicing will be done by a mate that owns his own mechanics shop. I'd take it to Ballarat holden but every time I've had my car serviced there they've either scratched it or put stains on the interior.
Just after a tune and go fast parts. Or do I just wait and save for a supercharger :rolleyes:
Bottom line is that almost anyone with a laptop and the usual bolt-ons can make an LS3 reliable at 304 rwkw. It is not skill or reputation, that’s total BS.
Making an unopened GenIV with a crappy cam make 304 rwkw takes skill, not the cam in the LS3.
Just saying not to get hung up that this is a performance / race tune or anything like it.
If you want go fast bits and a tune is a different kettle of fish, need to tune combustion events with performance cam. For the most part will outperform an expensive supercharger setup anyway.

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Just got of the phone to APS. They do intake and full exhaust for $5700 and get about 385hp at the wheels.
C&A similar package is $5200 and they get 404hp at the wheels.
I don't know either of the tuners from a bar of soap. They both seem to know their stuff when I talk to them, as they should. I can't find any bad reports on them, so is it just as simple as going with C&A to save myself $500 and spend it on the wife so she doesn't suspect me spending money on making the already fast car faster.;)

APS have done a bit of work to my VF2 Redline (stall convertor, diff ratio change and trans tune along with engine re-tune) and I can't recommend Frank and the guys enough, awesome quality of work and no BS.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Just got of the phone to APS. They do intake and full exhaust for $5700 and get about 385hp at the wheels.
C&A similar package is $5200 and they get 404hp at the wheels.
I don't know either of the tuners from a bar of soap. They both seem to know their stuff when I talk to them, as they should. I can't find any bad reports on them, so is it just as simple as going with C&A to save myself $500 and spend it on the wife so she doesn't suspect me spending money on making the already fast car faster.;)
You're creating a very dangerous and lasting precedent. Think carefully about that $500;)

Deucefanny

Reaction score
Members Ride
17 VFII Redline
You're creating a very dangerous and lasting precedent. Think carefully about that $500;)

Ok I've thought long and hard about the $500 saving. I'll just spend it on some other cool car stuff instead and ask for forgiveness. :D

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Ok I've thought long and hard about the $500 saving. I'll just spend it on some other cool car stuff instead and ask for forgiveness. :D
Brave man. Go hard son.;)