Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Telstra chaging everyone for line rental

RedBull77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY VC VK
Has anyone heard this, that even if your home phone isn't with telstra, and telstra owns that line, they are now going to start charging you line rental ontop of what your already paying for with another service provider? I just had some door knockers come round telling me this, however I'm using naked dsl they said it wont apply, but if I was to change and go back to using normal adsl2 and phone and I'm not with telstra they'll start billing me line rental? is this right? or just a scam to try and sell telstra products?

What are your thoughts?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
so... they were from telstra? telling you that telstra will charge you, aswell as the other provider charging you, and theyre trying to get you to switch back to telstra?

illusionalvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota lexcen - vr.
suprised it wasnt all ready there. sounds like they are trying to run a railway company

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
hello sir please to listen i have important thing to tell you about the line rental you must be paying if you don't accept this very good offer :)

RedBull77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY VC VK
so... they were from telstra? telling you that telstra will charge you, aswell as the other provider charging you, and theyre trying to get you to switch back to telstra?

yea, well thats how it came across to me, but the thing is telstra is charging the other companys to use their lines, and now by the sound of are going to start charging everyday people who arn't with telstra for using their line as well, so they are double dipping,

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
yea, well thats how it came across to me, but the thing is telstra is charging the other companys to use their lines, and now by the sound of are going to start charging everyday people who arn't with telstra for using their line as well, so they are double dipping,

They have to make money somehow. The masses are finally onto them that they have a **** product, and that theres more than just that one provider to go through.

GL to telstra getting a single red cent out of me.

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
doubt very much telstra are gunna door knock anyone..... and most contracts with other companies, take optus for example take those things into budget when they sign u up hence u pay them for line rental and calls, not telstra...

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
Just hearing the name Telstra is enough to make my blood boil :upyours:

The TIO are very good at fixing Telstra problems, I'm speaking from personal experience too

MagiTEK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S
Double billing. Simple as that. If the lines are owned by telstra but you get them via 3rd party, then its a jip. The 3rd party already pay a hefty sum to rent them from telstra.

If they try to enforce it. take it to consumar affairs. They will have a field day. Im sure.

Reminds me of the american mobile phone system, where you get charged to send a message and the recipient gets charged to receive it. What a f'in rought.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Double billing. Simple as that. If the lines are owned by telstra but you get them via 3rd party, then its a jip. The 3rd party already pay a hefty sum to rent them from telstra.

What a load of crap, 3rd parties pay **** all to rent telstras systems. The government has stupid laws in place to prevent telstra from really profiting (such as selling net prices cheaper than what they supply to other companies).

Good on telstra, I hope they do it. Might stick it up the governments who keep forcing them to provide services to companies cheaper than they can provide it for their own customers.