Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

temp problem

Mr_Calais

go the K's
Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Calais and 03 VY storm ute 05 hilux
i have a problem with the temp gauge on my calais electric dash, that it doesnt move from the coldest spot or lowest spot and just wondering wat i could check to get it working agian

cheers

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Check your wiring... check fuse if it has one..

Only things i can think of atm.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Do you have a 202? With my 5 litre I just made the terminal tighter and it came alive again! :thumbsup:

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
And if you have a 5 litre, the temp sender is on the manifold at the front to the far right.

benzor

yawn :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
Maybe it's not heating up because the thermostat is broken?

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
trace the wiring (usually a green wire) back from the sender and look for cracks/breaks in the wire, the V8 one runs inside the rocker cover over the manifold and 20+ years of heat will cause the wire to perish and crack.

Benzor,
it'll heat up to some degree regardless of thermostat, it may just take forever thats all ie 15 minutes of driving.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
I think the 202 temp senders are plugged into the thermostat housing? Like Cane It says trace the wiring and look for breaks and rusted plugs. Spray some WD in the plugs. Or the worst case scenario is the thermo sender is cactus. They are less than 20 bucks new. If you have a car manual it should state how you can test them with a multimeter. All they are is a variable resistor. They are commonly called thermistors.

Mr_Calais

go the K's
Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Calais and 03 VY storm ute 05 hilux
thanks guys havent been on 4 a couple of days so must check this info out btw its a 202 injected so the temp sender is on the passenger side of the head which i have already replaced so muct check the wiring next

CHEERS:thumbsup: