Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thatotherguy's 95 VS Acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim, VS II Calais, HQ Premier
Exhaust was done, and it got tuned on friday. I also put a leather handbrake grip and selector on but will probably get those retrimed as im not happy with them. Other then that I have just been driving it most of this weekend and has been good.
The getting the motor in and running stage of the car is done, next I want to replace the bushes in the rear, put the LSD I have sitting here in and upgrade to some bigger brakes.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Over the last couple of weeks I have put some HDT headlight covers on, had a leather steering wheel re-trimmed and the handbrake grip and gear knob re-trimmed. Have bought a new heater core as the old one is now leaking and cant use my heaters without a strong smell of coolant. Have taken pretty much everything off or out of the car so the dash can be taken out next weekend.

Headlight covers, pic taken at a SMASA meet on Saturday night

Steering wheel

Handbrake and gear knob

Reaction score
Members Ride
Replaced the heater core over the weekend, defiantly needed replacing. Ended up cleaning out the heater box a bit and replaced the foam tape around some of the seals. Also cleaned everything I removed before putting it back into the car.

Dash out, this didnt take me long as ive done it a couple of times before

Heater box out

Old vs new heater core, can see a corner missing which pretty much crumbled as soon as I touched it

And heater box back in, ended up finishing the car off, just need to clean wipe over everything and its finished for now. While I had everything apart I also replaced a few of the dash pieces for better ones.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got some chrome inner and polished outer handles for this. Also repainted the outer surrounds as the originals were looking very average.

Also redid the foam seals on the vents on the door trims while I had everything apart

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Looking really good . Felt's something I probably need to do on mine . Love the colour , but then I'm a little bias .

Reaction score
Members Ride
Went on cruise for charity a few weeks ago, wasnt a bad day apart from the start point being a bit crappy. Also noticed the roof lining has started falling so that needs to be done soon..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Had a few weeks off of work and managed to get the air con working and installed a sub and amp. The amp is mounted under the parcel shelf in the boot and the sub is tucked in a corner with stuff in the boot holding it in place, still need to mount it properly. Also used my snow foam kit which I got for Christmas a few weeks ago Took it to a meet friday night and had a pic taken, doesnt scrub up too badly for a car covered in stone chips and hasnt been polished in 3 years...

Reaction score
Members Ride
Entered this into GM day so gave it a polish and good clean up yesterday. I also brush touched some of the stone chips on the doors, quarter panels and roof. I took some pictures while it was clean after the show. While it looks shiny it is still covered in chips and would be better off being resprayed, which I hope to do this year maybe when the rego runs out. Its also been a year today since I got it running as a V8 which has gone pretty quickly.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Finally got myself a HSV console after searching for a while. I also got the woodgrain pieces from a series 2 calais and wrapped them in carbon fibre wrap, didnt come out too badly for my first time doing it but will need to redo a couple of pieces. The shifter surround was peeling so I scraped the peeling clear off it and re-cleared it. Also bought a new handbrake boot from ebay, fits not too bad for something from ebay.
Console when I got it, didnt use the radio surround as I had already gotten a better one
eE4w0Zw.jpg

Re-clearing, I broke the ashtray lid slightly but just reglued it and it seems to be fine, doesnt get used anyway.
YKdb0tF.jpg

All in and finished
nsDcP0e.jpg

Last edited: