Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Alloytec V6 175kw

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Bad advice as in just going off and buying some from the States.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
It would also be wise to know that the tuner has experience with alloytec tuning as it is not very common to get the tuning correct with forced induction. If not they may need to talk to other tuners for more info

Ross89CHARGEDV6

Pedal to the metal FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 MY12.5 VE SSZ Edition
It would also be wise to know that the tuner has experience with alloytec tuning as it is not very common to get the tuning correct with forced induction. If not they may need to talk to other tuners for more info

The person wnos playing with the ECU is the person that was working on it, they had a fall out with the place he was working, and therefore didn't complete my car. D&T rang and told me it was ready and I picked it up, after running it in I gave it a gutful and it was running fine til mid range revs then it misfired on me has been like that ever since I picked it up. Therefore if anyone thinks it's **** power then wait until my misfire is fixed and my computer is retuned correctly it will haul ass even more.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
The person wnos playing with the ECU is the person that was working on it, they had a fall out with the place he was working, and therefore didn't complete my car. D&T rang and told me it was ready and I picked it up, after running it in I gave it a gutful and it was running fine til mid range revs then it misfired on me has been like that ever since I picked it up. Therefore if anyone thinks it's **** power then wait until my misfire is fixed and my computer is retuned correctly it will haul ass even more.
You're deluded.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Therefore if anyone thinks it's **** power then wait until my misfire is fixed and my computer is retuned correctly it will haul ass even more.

So apparently my above post is harsh...im leaving it there. But going into more detail.

You paid $20k....got back a car that misfires and only makes 207oddkw. A computer retune is going to net you 30kw more if you're lucky. Your car currently doesnt haul ass, and it wont "haul ass even more" when it is retuned either.

Stop being so defensive that you've been ripped off. And drop the attitude asif your car is the quickest thing on the road. Even with the best tune you're still going to have a car that has cost you over $25,000 when you could have spent 1/4 of that and made 300rwkw and no misfire.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Hey bud cheers, yeah I spent $23,500 all up as I used to work in the mines. I'm saving up for a cpr6 manifold and might even start going Forged Pistons, Conrods, and probably boost it up a bit more ;) just gotta save that's the problem haha!

Mate you could have a VZ R8 for that price. Ripped hardcore bro.

Ross89CHARGEDV6

Pedal to the metal FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
I know I WAs ripped off mate, had too pay too pick up my car though didnt I?? If I had of been told of somewhere better to take it I would of simple as that, everyone started saying I shouldnt have gone there AFTER the work was done, getting a VE SS sedan shortly anyway then ripping out the 3.6L and throwing in a LS1

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I know I WAs ripped off mate, had too pay too pick up my car though didnt I?? If I had of been told of somewhere better to take it I would of simple as that, everyone started saying I shouldnt have gone there AFTER the work was done, getting a VE SS sedan shortly anyway then ripping out the 3.6L and throwing in a LS1

You seem to enjoy blowing money for no reason.

Ross89CHARGEDV6

Pedal to the metal FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah but it's my money so no1 needs to worry but myself, like water off a ducks back