Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The bling has started.....

YootDriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY10
I've been looking around for a set of mags and as most of you already know the VE isn't the easiest to find mags that fit - even though it's still a 5 stud pattern there are only a small amount of wheels out there if you don't want to spend megabucks or keep it to 18's.

I'm not crazy about black mags against the Ivy - I do like the BBS wheels but they start at around $1400 each and go up. After searching the net for the past few days, I took a walk to the local tyre/accessories place and put his knowledge to use - He showed me a pic of a CSA "Vanquish" in hyper silver with a metal lip which is the look I'm after, there was one set left in Adelaide @ $260 each which includes swapping them over and fitting my tyres next Tuesday - hopefully the link works!

CSA Direct - Wheel Range

It's going in to Solatint on thursday to get the glass done and then I'm off to Sydney for a couple of days to check out the Motor Show.

Cheers John

Last edited by a moderator:

crackah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
I want to get 20s on my Calais.. interested to see whats good value too.

crackah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
OOO show some pics :)

Also. What would 20's be like with performace.. handling and road noise.

VooDooWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV Sportwagon M6
OOO show some pics :)

Also. What would 20's be like with performace.. handling and road noise.

The 20's ride quite nice. They aren't harsh at all. Handling wise I'm not too sure yet I haven't been for a spirited drive yet.:D

I'll put some pics up in the my ride section when I get a chance to give the car a good clean.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Its funny cos the standard wheels and tyres are apparently worth $4,500. Going off Holden prices.

I have 20's on my ute, no issues what so ever.

tazdevil1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SS Atomic Sportwagon
I have 22's on my atomic sportwagon and love them.They actually ride better the the 20's i had on my ssv sedan.I have just had them custom painted to match the car but cant post pics yet.Just wondering if someone can pm me and i can email a pic so that person can display it for me.?

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
i have 20's on my wagon and road noise/comfort isnt an issue. It's also lowered a little as well. No dramas.
The only downside is the cost of replacing the tyres when the time comes.... prices arent very user friendly at 20" :(.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Nice style of wheel YootDriver. You didn't mention what size you're after?

Have you thought about Speedy Cheetah's? They're that same mesh style but nicer IMO.