Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The car in the JC banner picture

Discussion in 'Site Feedback / Site Problems' started by jazza21, Feb 2, 2005.

1. jazza21

jazza21 Executive (Ex-Police)

Members Ride:
    VS II Exec 1997
    Just a little thought... It's only a little detail, but still I see it everytime I come here :eek:

The picture of the green commodore in the JC Banner or logo thing (above) has something wrong with it! The left/passenger side headlight looks like it is blown :p . If you look closely you can kinda imagine it is working but still you know what I mean right?

Now I know there may be a design related excuse for it to be not lit up, but for the sake of common sense can't both lights appear to work? Maybe we need our car serviced (for a safety check) or one of us should drop down to the local servo and buy a new set of H4's for our JC site owners :D

Jazza

2. Darren

Darren Administrator Staff Member

Members Ride:
    HSV Clubsport R8 E2 M6
    lmao geez after all these times of loading the site I have never noticed that, a really good find!

Now it's going to catch my eye every single time I load the page, thanks :p

I'm not sure whether I can get it working but I've got this weekend off so I'll see how I go.

3. DJ Majah

DJ Majah Electro doof doof styleé

Members Ride:
    VSII cruiser
    lol you can still see the light working, just the shading around the text dulls it.

Wasnt that photo from a promo Holden did a few years ago about the handling? 'Like corners were made for it' or something. Also, have a look at the badge, the pic is flipped.

4. PIMPIN

PIMPIN The Lurker

Members Ride:
    VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
    yeah I always thought it was the shadows...if you look at the word commodore up there you can see that its surrounded with black, but just underneath the bonnet, its sorta been taken off as much as it can so you can see the car more...

5. Mk III the HSV

Mk III the HSV Member

Members Ride:
    VE SportWagon International A4
    What about the instrument cluster. Do late model commodores redline at 45kmph :unsure:

6. MuNtEd

MuNtEd New Member

In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
    Members Ride:
    94 VR EXEC
    i would say that the designer of the banner edited the headlight because of a white showing for the head would have looked funny, yes ok it's looks funny now because we know that the globe works, i noticed it a while back just did'nt click that it was off

7. AirStrike

AirStrike Administrator Staff Member

Members Ride:
    91' VN SS
    Try doing a burnout and I bet it does, or just hold 2nd right out.......
    AirStrike :air:

8. lite....

yea..i noticed the light and badge 1st time I came to this page..just thought I would be polite and not say anything.....but, the artist would have done it like that, or else there would be a bright spot right where he didn't want one.....

9. jazza21

Members Ride:
    VS II Exec 1997
    LOL Ok so I started a nit-picking exercise :eek: . I luv the site guys, please don't take it the wrong way! :shutup:

I reckon it'd look awesome if the car's lights were all still on (I just noticed the fog light below our blown one is on while the fog light on the opposite side isn't working either). Maybe to make it look different, or appear to be on, you could add a little lens flare around each light, but still behind the word Commodore.

It wouldn't be too hard to reverse the logo in the grille would it Darren? I know photoshop has the tools to do it :yeah: .

I've never been lucky enough to sit in the drivers seat of a newer commodore, but I thought in any manual it would be close to redline at more like 50 or 60 Kph, unless you're driving a truck :D ? Design-wise the needles are at the right positions to suit the layout of that section.

Since I started this thread (with completely innocent intent)... I'd be more than happy to have a go at a bit of image manipulation with Photoshop to help guys.

Jazza

10. beckrey

beckrey Banned

talk about being picky

11. Lexx

Lexx New Member

Members Ride:
    VT II S/C S
    :w00t: You lot are all talk and no action :p
    This may not be perfect, but you mean something like this.........................

[​IMG]

:cool:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  12. OHMYVY

OHMYVY Guest

good work lexx. how long did that take you???

13. jazza21

Members Ride:
    VS II Exec 1997
    Wow that's actually how I thought it should look :D

Good work mate, now we've just gotta wait to see the real thing updated!

Jazza

14. StealthX

StealthX New Member

Members Ride:
    HSV VX Clubsport.
    Wouldn't you rather see a commodore doing 140? instead of 46? :p Not complaining, i beleive the designer at Jelsoft Enterprises has done the right thing, if you did have the lights showing, the words "Just Commodores" would have to be made brighter to still stand out to the same effect as it does now. Sure to some it looks.. off* or wierd, but look past it, your brain still says they are all on, its just the layer of "Just Commodores" is in the way. If this was placed anywhere else in the banner it wouldn't look right or *Just thrown together*. I Beleive its a decent imagery :)

Oh and Lexx... the fog light you.. "fixed up".. belongs on the inside of the "O" and Jazza, Lense flaires are Rice to digital imaging :p

Oh n Lexx. Good work on the Tacho

Thats my 2 cents anyway :yeah: :whistling :cool:

15. Lexx

Lexx New Member

Members Ride:
    VT II S/C S
    Took about 40 mins on Photoshop. I use it alot to "dabble" with images.

Picky, Picky - geez! :D
    I tried the fog light on the inside of the "O" first but it looked weird. Still looked weird on the outside so I left it there!! :unsure:
    Closer inspection shows the outline of the fog light on the inside of the "O" so I've modified the image and updated it.
    I don't mind people putting in their two cents. They say two cents are better than one! ( or is that heads? :rofl: )

Last edited: Feb 7, 2005
  16. StealthX

StealthX New Member

Members Ride:
    HSV VX Clubsport.
    :D i know im picky :p but good work dude and id say its.. two head jobs are better then 1 :D

17. dougie tas

dougie tas Guest

at least its not ford, so i think who cares because most only see tail lights ha!
    or nothing at all because of all the smoke (go hard or go home)