Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The car in the JC banner picture

jazza21

Executive (Ex-Police)
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VS II Exec 1997
Just a little thought... It's only a little detail, but still I see it everytime I come here :eek:

The picture of the green commodore in the JC Banner or logo thing (above) has something wrong with it! The left/passenger side headlight looks like it is blown :p . If you look closely you can kinda imagine it is working but still you know what I mean right?

Now I know there may be a design related excuse for it to be not lit up, but for the sake of common sense can't both lights appear to work? Maybe we need our car serviced (for a safety check) or one of us should drop down to the local servo and buy a new set of H4's for our JC site owners :D

Jazza

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
lmao geez after all these times of loading the site I have never noticed that, a really good find!

Now it's going to catch my eye every single time I load the page, thanks :p

I'm not sure whether I can get it working but I've got this weekend off so I'll see how I go.

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
lol you can still see the light working, just the shading around the text dulls it.

Wasnt that photo from a promo Holden did a few years ago about the handling? 'Like corners were made for it' or something. Also, have a look at the badge, the pic is flipped.

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
yeah I always thought it was the shadows...if you look at the word commodore up there you can see that its surrounded with black, but just underneath the bonnet, its sorta been taken off as much as it can so you can see the car more...

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
i would say that the designer of the banner edited the headlight because of a white showing for the head would have looked funny, yes ok it's looks funny now because we know that the globe works, i noticed it a while back just did'nt click that it was off

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
BT1 VR said:
What about the instrument cluster. Do late model commodores redline at 45kmph :unsure:

Try doing a burnout and I bet it does, or just hold 2nd right out.......
AirStrike :air:

R

rattattack1313

lite....

yea..i noticed the light and badge 1st time I came to this page..just thought I would be polite and not say anything.....but, the artist would have done it like that, or else there would be a bright spot right where he didn't want one.....

jazza21

Executive (Ex-Police)
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VS II Exec 1997
LOL Ok so I started a nit-picking exercise :eek: . I luv the site guys, please don't take it the wrong way! :shutup:

I reckon it'd look awesome if the car's lights were all still on (I just noticed the fog light below our blown one is on while the fog light on the opposite side isn't working either). Maybe to make it look different, or appear to be on, you could add a little lens flare around each light, but still behind the word Commodore.

It wouldn't be too hard to reverse the logo in the grille would it Darren? I know photoshop has the tools to do it :yeah: .

I've never been lucky enough to sit in the drivers seat of a newer commodore, but I thought in any manual it would be close to redline at more like 50 or 60 Kph, unless you're driving a truck :D ? Design-wise the needles are at the right positions to suit the layout of that section.

Since I started this thread (with completely innocent intent)... I'd be more than happy to have a go at a bit of image manipulation with Photoshop to help guys.

Jazza