Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Comrade

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Got a link? I don't know who you're talking about haha

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Hey guys, got some minor news, I finally got a new set of speakers! I've gone with JBL speakers. Purely because our studio back home
uses all JBL gear and it's never put a foot wrong. I've got GTO608 splits in the front and GTO628 2 ways in the rear. And I now know why
it sounded so crap before, when I ripped out the old speakers (from the retard previous owner) they were all $50 fusion coaxials!
Oh and the amp is just a VSA jobbie that I grabbed off eBay for $80 bucks, I've only had them in for a couple of days so I haven't given
them a big test but I'm so much happier with the sound. I can see why you would get addicted to audio gear :D

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Ugh, I'm fairly sure the shocks down the right side of my car are bitched out, it's sitting about 1 inch lower than the left.
Plus I've got some shudder under hard braking (as well as appalling squeal) and a knocking noise from my front right
suspension which I'm fairly sure is the swaybar link pin. If I'm to replace the shocks I might as well get some moar low.
The equation looks like this
- Brakes : New front and rear rotors + pads. $400 ish
- For the knocking noise : New link pins + replace all bushes(because the whole front end feels loose atm). $400 ish.
- Suspension : Shocks, springs and VY cradle. $700ish
- TOTAL : $1500
These are all high bids so i would hope to get a bit of change from $1500. This will all most likely happen early next year as I'm still at uni for now.
Just thought I'd let you all know, I accept donations :D

Last edited:

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
It's been ages, mostly because all of my money is going into university. Higher education FTW!
Anyway so from the above entry I managed to do 2 things over the summer, got the brakes and link pins.
Drives much better now, just thought you ought to know.