Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Craig Lowndes Edition

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
That was a beast. It had everything homer could ever want in a car.... would sell bucketloads in the real world. Unfortunately in simpsonsland it sent his brother Herb broke :) Classic episode.

I would have bought one if it was on offer , you can never have too many cup holders .

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
A wee while Holden NZ released a Greg Murphy edition HSV , black with orange trim , looked a whole better than the Craig Lowndes edition , sold well enough too

We had them too... They were called the Toll HSV Dealer Team HSV Clubsport:

DSC05397.jpg

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
is that your dealership?

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Years down the track a Lowndes special might be worth something. Who knows?
It's all speculation.
I would think you'd buy one now because of the extra features, you liked the car and you liked Lowndesy.
And you wanted a car that was a bit special. There's talk of a track session with him as well for buyers.

And when the time came to sell it would be that bit easier because of the exclusiveness of it.

On a side note.....wonder if the Greg Norman Statesman Special jumped in value after his chainsaw incident?:wax:

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Years down the track a Lowndes special might be worth something. Who knows?
It's all speculation.
I would think you'd buy one now because of the extra features, you liked the car and you liked Lowndesy.
And you wanted a car that was a bit special. There's talk of a track session with him as well for buyers.

And when the time came to sell it would be that bit easier because of the exclusiveness of it.

On a side note.....wonder if the Greg Norman Statesman Special jumped in value after his chainsaw incident?:wax:

I wonder if the Greg Norman edition comes with a hands free kit :p

vfssv1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline 6.0
Its a very difficult decision to part with and extra $5k to have a redline with a few extra bits... Its a nice looking visually the black and red of course good combination interior well I actually hate the signature on the dash (was thinking If I brake too hard will the passenger have Craig Lowndes embossed in the forehead??).
I keep coming back to the mechanical side of things L77 6.0 v8 same as in my current SS; I agree with people that said they should have put something a bit better under the bonnet to make it really special e.g. 6.2 and I think that it would have sold much better and I wouldn't have been faced with the decision redline or Lowndes.
Yes I agree that anything numbered can have a higher resale value but in reality that tend to only pay if the person is dead and the item is in mint condition so yeah.

What to do Ive put a deposit down on the lowndes with the option to drop down to a regular redline if I decided that the $5k wasn't worth it and honestly Im making the decision on a black roof, spoiler, black vents some decals and rear brembo breaks and Id give it all up for the Chev SS and its wonderful sound :-(

any feedback would be appreciated but I guess this post is a little old now

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I think you really have to like the look. It is a bit over the top for me. I would like the rear Brembo's but not for 5k.

SRS13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
Surely you have read the reviews to work out the differences and what you get for your money.

its always more appealing to have the top of the range version but if it means forgoing the power up kit ie walkinshaw or other i would go the standard redline with the kit.

But best is to buy the lowndes edition and wait till you get used to the power and then do the power up later!! That will make a very nice car and unique!

Good luck.

Why?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Harrop enhanced VF Redline Manual
My Redline with the rear Brembo's fitted and Harrop 315 Pack fitted (50kW extra rwkW) cost me $55,500.00 on the road with towbar. What do they want for the Craig Lowndes Redline?