Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The cursed VZ SVZ that just will no run.

madmatt2006

Reaction score
Members Ride
Soarer 1jzgtt VH commodore VZ svz
Hi Guy's

So here's the story I was surfing around the web and saw a VZ SVZ v6 190KW ute for sale it was not running but the price was right! so I brought it. When I go the ute home I tried starting the ute but it just popped and farted not starting, I used scan tool and to my surprise no error! so I tried a few things to get it going.

1 changed fuel pump with same result.

So I decided to check spark and fuel both working. Then give it a compression test it was down on all cylinders. I heard timing chains stretch. So top of motor off and front engine cover. Yep it had jumped.

2 replaced timing chain and gears.

reassembled and tried to start same result pops farts but no starting. Dam it lol

3 replaced spark plugs and checked all coil packs all ok

still same result!

So I came to conclusion motor was stuffed.

4 installed replacement motor with all accessories and wiring with a known runner works good and change ECU off old motor.

Plug in all wiring triple checked everything try to start just pops and farts... at this stage I'm like what the hell is wrong. Still no errors with scan tool. has to be stuffed computer..

So I get onto a mate of a mate with a good scan tool, He reprogrammed BCM and PIM to work with ECU off replacement motor no errors all talking happily.

Tried to start pops farts but not starting.

So car has new fuel pump, replacement motor, replaced ECU and still will not run!

Please help I'm starting to think this car is possessed.

As you can see it's been a real pain in the a$$.

I will try anything except a match lol

Last edited:

madmatt2006

Reaction score
Members Ride
Soarer 1jzgtt VH commodore VZ svz
Hi Guy's

is the engine not running because its an 05 motor with cam sensor like below

s-l500.png

the car is an 07 that should have cam sensors like this on the motor.

s-l500.jpg

could this be the problem? I also heard that the bit on the front of the cam that the sensor reads is different also??