Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The eBay lolz thread

Verceti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S
Another happy customer :rofl2:

Bit rough hey? Do you guys reckon that's just?

I mean yeah they read it wrong but it was also misrepresented.. personally I think If they're willing to do that to somebody I have no sympathy for any repercussions

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Bit rough hey? Do you guys reckon that's just?

I mean yeah they read it wrong but it was also misrepresented.. personally I think If they're willing to do that to somebody I have no sympathy for any repercussions

I think its rank stupidity from both parties. The buyer is clearly an idiot. The seller may well be one too, and simply not thought the ad through properly. That disclaimer should be at the top of the page, highlighted and as visible as possible.

The bottom line is, if you dont go through with the sale, ebay chucks you out. I'd happily give up my ebay account to save throwing away all that money, and I am sure any one of you would do the same. There arent any genuine legal ramifications that could hold water really, its only ebay. You dont buy it, they throw you out. If the buyer realises his mistake, then thats what he will do, just renege.

If the seller were to accept the money from a buyer elsewhere, and post them the bolt, they would most likely finish up running down the street with Tracy Grimshaw in hot pursuit, its just not worth it for a couple grand.

I think it would be a legal grey area anyway, it says clearly if you bid you are buying the bolt, but its also obvious that the bolt isnt worth the money so you could argue it is deliberately a deception designed to take advantage of the ignorant, or at the very least usury.

In the end, I am willing to bet the sale does not take place, and the seller has wasted an ad by not keeping on top of it. Every bidder should have been emailed and had the situation explained again, offering them the chance to have their bid removed.

James VY

I like Nirvana too.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
What isn't legit about that.......

canttellifserious.jpg

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina