Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
I throw iron around every 3 days and often do a combo of walking and jogging another couple of times a week then stretch couple of Times a week. Would be nice to get back to being able to do the splits again like I used to when I did muay thai.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I throw iron around every 3 days and often do a combo of walking and jogging another couple of times a week then stretch couple of Times a week. Would be nice to get back to being able to do the splits again like I used to when I did muay thai.
I just walked down to the local eatery and did Pad Thai:)

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Heavy Single Arm Dumbbell Clean and Press 3 times a week

Start light, then work up the rack till you cannot get a triple

Everything else is fluff

18vDrill_SkinOnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SV6 Comm / 22 Ford Mustang 5.0l

Did you ever head over to Thailand to train or fight? I’ve been training since I was about 15, been going over to Thailand training and having the occasional fight since 2013. Coincidentally just after I was divorced lol.

I could never do the splits though. Went back at the start of the year for a couple of months to Koh Samui to train. Island was empty, businesses shut down everywhere. Still had a top time. I stay away from Phuket though, too crowded.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Did you ever head over to Thailand to train or fight? I’ve been training since I was about 15, been going over to Thailand training and having the occasional fight since 2013. Coincidentally just after I was divorced lol.

I could never do the splits though. Went back at the start of the year for a couple of months to Koh Samui to train. Island was empty, businesses shut down everywhere. Still had a top time. I stay away from Phuket though, too crowded.
Oh wow, go you! No never went there. I used to spar in training but never fought in the ring, my big prob is my eyesight, blind as a bat without my glasses, I would feel a kick or punch or knee or elbow before I see it, lol. Used to go watch guys from our club fight, was quite brutal as expected.

18vDrill_SkinOnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SV6 Comm / 22 Ford Mustang 5.0l
Hahaha, yeah I hear you, I’ve started to accept I need to wear glasses more frequently now. Squinting more etc.

Even as a training holiday it’s a great way to get away and still stay fit. I haven’t trained through a lot of Covid but it doesn’t take too long to get back into it. In my 40s now though so whilst I can still move, it takes a bit longer to warm up and recovery is as you’d imagine a bit longer.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Hahaha, yeah I hear you, I’ve started to accept I need to wear glasses more frequently now. Squinting more etc.

Even as a training holiday it’s a great way to get away and still stay fit. I haven’t trained through a lot of Covid but it doesn’t take too long to get back into it. In my 40s now though so whilst I can still move, it takes a bit longer to warm up and recovery is as you’d imagine a bit longer.
At some stage when get a bigger house or extend current one I would like to get some training gear to get back into it in some manner, for fitness and speed. Never know when you might need it nowadays too with so many violent dickheads around

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Took the young bloke down for our first Parkrun today, quite enjoyed it. Will be sore tomorrow..