Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

rob_phill

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP
Why don't you try this(in whatever order suits you)

Legs
Back + bis
Chest + tris
Shoulders + traps

Can't fathom the idea of having a day just for biceps and triceps haha.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
So sore, done 3 sessions already this week (chest/tri's, back/bi's, shoulders) Going waterskiing ALL DAY tomorrow at Eildon, then smashing a cable/toning/legs/interval training sesh on sunday.

6 days of intense physical activity a week at the moment. Basically living the dream LOL

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Ran a 21.1K run this morning; had no fluids on run and got really dehydrated. Still managed to do it in 1:51:43!!

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
Anyone tried GVT? I'm considering starting next week.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Some info on fat burning/Weight loss.

Fat only burns in the presence of oxygen. If your trying to lose weight/burn fat by going for exhausting runs where your body is scavenging for air, your wasting your time.

Interval training, 60 sec sprints, 30 sec recovery over and over again, on a variety of machines (treadmill, cross training, step up, bike, rower) mixed in with some push ups or situps.

Means your body is going max strength into a short duration of intensive heart rate activity. Once it starts to get tired, have a recovery sesh, and repeat.

~ Result of a bit of research and a Personal Trainer.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
On most runs I do I usually don't get out of breath, my muscles cry uncle before anything (due to lactic acid buildup??). Only run that I get out of breath on is a short one that I do with the running club on weekly basis (2.85K hanicap race). I go for the longer runs as part of a training program I developed (with inspiration/input from more experienced marathoners) for the marathon I'm doing in April......

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
HamaTime™:2088994 said:
Some info on fat burning/Weight loss.

Fat only burns in the presence of oxygen. If your trying to lose weight/burn fat by going for exhausting runs where your body is scavenging for air, your wasting your time.

Interval training, 60 sec sprints, 30 sec recovery over and over again, on a variety of machines (treadmill, cross training, step up, bike, rower) mixed in with some push ups or situps.

Means your body is going max strength into a short duration of intensive heart rate activity. Once it starts to get tired, have a recovery sesh, and repeat.

~ Result of a bit of research and a Personal Trainer.
Or to make it real simple. Warm up with little jog stretching legs arms etc. hit the bags high and low, every 2 minutes do 10 pushups alternate with triceps pushups. Up hit the bag. Do this for 10 minutes. Have a drink. Run laps fast pace half lap easy second half. Do 5 laps. Return to the bag, same high low punches, this time 10 situps every 1 minute bag situps for 10 minutes. Good thing with this is you can also drop in some squats. I've done this with a very experienced personal trainer who specializes In this area it really works and really hurts. I've enjoyed this more than the treadmill bike cross trainer way. Buckets of sweat.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
definition-of-hell.jpg

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
<3 that ^^

Anyway, I'm currently indisposed with an injured back. So having a short break from training. Hopefully only a week at most.

Going through an endurance crash program at the moment, focusing on stamina. 1 min max pushups (current record is 56) 1 min max situps (current record is 60) 1 min max cable chest/fly press (currently doing a full minute on 12.5kg per arm). 1 min max seated dips (current record 40). Then Interval cardio training (treadmill) 1 min max effort, 1 min recover...go for 10 mins.
It's a good program to boost your endurance and burn calories/strip fat.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
hama, have you got back into training? i was sick all last week (still sick now) so i took a break. i did a couple of light sessions saturday and sunday and could tell the differnce from having that week off. everything felt tight.

on a new note, going through a new cycle. everywhere im reading its sayin im doing a cuttin cycle but my mate keeps tellin me im going to be bulking, so im keen to see the end result in the next month or two. i really wanted to bulk up but get more toned for my brothers wedding comin up in april.