Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
Going for a personal best of 132.5kg squat today 5x5, got 130 on wednesday with good form. Going for 155kg deadlift after hitting a plateu here last time, I dropped the weight 15kg and have been rasing it back since, so if a get 155kg with good form and move to 160kg next time, it will be a PB. I only do two warm up sets of 5 reps and 1 set at my max - I dont train to failure and stick to a strict 5x5

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
say%20no%20to%20fast%20food.jpg

5ltrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
Great thread, Ive been lifting for 7years and im only 23. I weigh 95kgs, 5ft10 and only been on the monkey juice once.

I do it mainly to look good, bodybuilding to be more precise. My uncle has won a couple of MR victoria titles and a mr Australasia. His best mate is competing in the upcomming vics, 108kg with a 6pack... Through them both i got a great deal of knowledge in training and diet. Genetics is everything on to how easily u gain/lose and final appearance. People shouldn't worry about it though, 98% of your average gym rats are in the same boat, only a few freaks are just naturally big.

Biggest advice i can give on gaining weight (muscle) is routine and diet. results don't come over night, nor after a month. To think of it logically, gaining 1kg of pure muscle mass per year, train for 10years and that's 10kg of quality muscle. Thats the difference from a mr olympia title, to a dead last place- not even qualified.

Sure for diet, up your carbs and certainly protein. I never did go crazy on carbs, nor did my uncle. looking sloppy, with a beer belly on the off season isnt really attractive, even though u can still lift the world. People underestimate the importance of diet, diet is the key. I never counted calories/carbs or protein, I just know how much to take. Only supplements you need naturally are a protein powder, bcaa's and some good fish oils if you don't get it from diet. The supplement industry is almost as big of a scam as the church is. don't be fooled with the crap they release with all the false hopes. Alot of its a sugar hit/ and or mind over matter. Ones that ive heard of that work 'ok' are jack3d and whiteflood. You think ronnie coleman actually took jack3d to gain all the muscle he did? yeah right.

I could rant on for hours of training routines, but my biggest advice id share... 6packs come with diet, for all you pretty boys. also, never do an 'arm' day. the best bicep building exercises arent as obvious as u may think ;). All the best with whatever your goals are dudes.

snowy01

lolwut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Daily / VF SV6 /
Great thread, Ive been lifting for 7years and im only 23. I weigh 95kgs, 5ft10 and only been on the monkey juice once.

I do it mainly to look good, bodybuilding to be more precise. My uncle has won a couple of MR victoria titles and a mr Australasia. His best mate is competing in the upcomming vics, 108kg with a 6pack... Through them both i got a great deal of knowledge in training and diet. Genetics is everything on to how easily u gain/lose and final appearance. People shouldn't worry about it though, 98% of your average gym rats are in the same boat, only a few freaks are just naturally big.

Biggest advice i can give on gaining weight (muscle) is routine and diet. results don't come over night, nor after a month. To think of it logically, gaining 1kg of pure muscle mass per year, train for 10years and that's 10kg of quality muscle. Thats the difference from a mr olympia title, to a dead last place- not even qualified.

Sure for diet, up your carbs and certainly protein. I never did go crazy on carbs, nor did my uncle. looking sloppy, with a beer belly on the off season isnt really attractive, even though u can still lift the world. People underestimate the importance of diet, diet is the key. I never counted calories/carbs or protein, I just know how much to take. Only supplements you need naturally are a protein powder, bcaa's and some good fish oils if you don't get it from diet. The supplement industry is almost as big of a scam as the church is. don't be fooled with the crap they release with all the false hopes. Alot of its a sugar hit/ and or mind over matter. Ones that ive heard of that work 'ok' are jack3d and whiteflood. You think ronnie coleman actually took jack3d to gain all the muscle he did? yeah right.

I could rant on for hours of training routines, but my biggest advice id share... 6packs come with diet, for all you pretty boys. also, never do an 'arm' day. the best bicep building exercises arent as obvious as u may think ;). All the best with whatever your goals are dudes.

My vote for Best post in this thread so far.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I could rant on for hours of training routines, but my biggest advice id share... 6packs come with diet, for all you pretty boys..
The good old saying, 6packs are made in the kitchen:D.

5ltrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
The good old saying, 6packs are made in the kitchen:D.

Yup. low bodyfat=6pack.

Just got back from a 3;30am back blasting workout and took some 'hulk' supplement, similar to jack3d.... the hype over these supplement is the Di-methyl... w.e it is. Took 1.5x the dose and notice pretty much nothing. I wanted to notice something and all i could pinpoint was a lil shake in the knees. regardless i trained great.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
The gamechanger!

24hr Jetts fitness opens up this Friday, I'm signed up as a founding member! (Paid an all setup today, Met the people. Seems the goods!)

Time to blow this last 8-10kg away

Going to power 3-4kg of that away by august 4th as well... Because #### yeah!

:king:

521873_10151060171945917_2051391428_n.jpg

Last edited:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Hama, they have your name all over them!!
314879_3739790486885_313822884_n.jpg

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Eh, just figured I'd throw my 2 cents (probably 10 cents, I guess) in:

I do 5 days training per week, with a strength bias but as my body gets used to the increase in volume I will be adding a short Crossfit style metcon on Saturdays.

Sundays: Heavy Front squats, and alternate with shoulder press, weighted pullups (palms away), push press and weighted chin-ups (palms facing). So, it's a four week cycle. On the days with Shoulder press or push press I also do either 30 strict pullups for time, or 5 rounds of 10 pullups + 1 minute rest for time at the end.
Mondays: rest day
Tuesdays: Beep test, or if I don't have time, I pick a short, high intensity metcon I can do at home, such as 100 burpees for time, etc.
Wednesdays: Heavy deadlifts, then heavy front squats, same strict pullup routine as on Sundays depending on what I have programmed in for Thursdays
Thursdays: Crossfit metcon day, at the moment, Week 1 is: DT scaled to 50kg, and then rest, then heavy bench press. Week 2: "Elizabeth" scaled to 40kg at the moment. Week 3: "Diane", and then Week 4: "Cindy"
Fridays: rest day
Saturdays: Alternating heavy snatches and heavy clean and jerks each week, followed by heavy back squats. I have to be careful with the back squats due to anterior pelvic tilt, if I screw up my form then I end up with a sore back, so I don't go for my true maximum back squats anymore. I am working at correcting the tilt, however, so I will eventually be going much heavier.

So, on the days with heavy deadlifts and squats, I alternate between sets of 1-1-1-1-1-1-1, 3-3-3-3-3, 5-5-5-5-5 or 8-8-8-8 per day. I am training purely for strength, and a small degree of endurance and hypertrophy. I have no interest in looking like a body builder. I'd rather look scrawny and deadlift 3x my bodyweight than look huge and barely do 1.5x.

At the moment my 1rm front squat is 105kg, deadlift is 160kg, back squat is 115kg, max 1 rep pullup is with 37kg extra weight, @ 70kg bodyweight. I'm not obsessed with 1rms though, to me they are purely a gauge (as well as a workout) to help show what progress I am making with my strength. I have previously had a 180kg 1RM deadlift and 165kg 3RM, but changed my form and dropped the weight down.