Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
If your going to drink beer. Be a man and drink full strength : )

Lol anyway, training with a guy from work today at lunch, going to show him how I work out haha.

Supersets all the way baby.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Same deal with Miller Chill. Low carb beer no difference WTF's with that?

Haha its all a facade mate, low-Carb means it still has Carbs!!

I didn't drink for 7 months, makes a world of difference. I just binge now, a couple times a month. Easier on the back pocket as well.
Lol. No drink for 7 months? I'll give you my kids for a week and see how long you last on the wagon.

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
1.5 scoops of mesmorph, time for squats, barbell rows and bench press, all 5x5

Gravity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY11 SSV Wagon
I just did my weekly session at the gym, but for the first time in 4 months didn't eat enough beforehand. Got light headed. Then dizzy. Then nauseous. Had to stop and lie down.

Unpleasant.

Otherwise, did 3x squat of 100 kg with a new bar, "safety bar" it's called. Happy with that, it's an improvement for me.

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
Anyone have any tips to get over the Bench Press Plateau?? I've had this for the last 3 sessions, dropped the weights today down to 50/65/80kg (normally 60/80/105) but still struggled to finish the sets, even with mesomorph.
For instance, today I struggled to get through 12 @ 50, and could only get 7 @ 80.

Any help? The rest of my sessions are going great and seeing good improvements, except for the Chest.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Anyone have any tips to get over the Bench Press Plateau?? I've had this for the last 3 sessions, dropped the weights today down to 50/65/80kg (normally 60/80/105) but still struggled to finish the sets, even with mesomorph.
For instance, today I struggled to get through 12 @ 50, and could only get 7 @ 80.

Any help? The rest of my sessions are going great and seeing good improvements, except for the Chest.

im noticin the exact same thing. i just thought cause ive been stressing lately.

Robbo_c

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais II,2007 Calais V

Have you tried floor presses? really helps with the middle part of bench pressing helped me get over a plateau.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Good god, After a week off from the gym and Xmas i was thinking my weight would sky-rocket. Especially after Xmas day:p. Roast beef, Leg of lamb, Roast Chicken, Roast pork. Roast potatoes and pumpkin, with some veggies gravy. Cheese cake, pudding, cheese and bacon balls, and i pretty much picked away at the meat "leftovers". To my surprise 88kg down from 89kg. Panic for nothing!. Did a little warm up tonight Lesmills body pump followed by body combat 2 hours straight and i was hyperactive afterwards - and still can't come down 3 hours later :boxing:.

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
Have you tried floor presses? really helps with the middle part of bench pressing helped me get over a plateau.

So you reckon try floor presses for my next session and see if that helps?? Do it for a couple sessions and then go back to Bench??

Robbo_c

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais II,2007 Calais V
So you reckon try floor presses for my next session and see if that helps?? Do it for a couple sessions and then go back to Bench??
Yeah thats it, just go like 3 sessions of floor presses then back onto bench.