Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
I've been so motivated lately

just keen to go and lift weight every day!

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
so about 2 weeks into the gym now, ive been flat out but am getting into a routine now..

trying to go minimum 3 days a week, but mates and my trainer are helping me out alot

i couldnt even move my arms on sunday, did legs today and abit of stomach
did arms friday and chest/shoulders on tuesday.

everyones telling me to get into a mass gainer because i just cant seem to put on weight, i already eat about 4+ decent meals a day, lots of chicken, beef and fish!

was looking at this...

thoughts?

%21BR8QErQ%21mk%7E%24%28KGrHgoOKiUEjlLmV48%21BK%21mQcvFN%21%7E%7E_35__27619_zoom.JPG

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
profile is like 64g carbs to 28 grams protein id stay away.

but then again i personally prefer to stay away from mass gainers in general - post up a daily meal plan if you arent gaining you are undereating.

edit - doesnt actually look too bad for a post workout (maltodextrin i believe is the prime carb source) but you can do better making your own

Last edited:

ozHarris

ozHarris
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV E2 Maloo GXP '10
Don't worry about the mass gainer, it's just full of carbs..
Work on your diet, find out how many calories you are taking in and workout what your daily maintenance calories are..
You'll probably find you aren't above this, aim for around 500 calories over. Easy to do...

Good luck..

ozHarris

ozHarris
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV E2 Maloo GXP '10
I've only just jumped back on this forum, pretty stoked when I saw this thread.
I'm about 6 weeks into my cut. Started at 95kgs, around 24% body fat, currently down to 88kg at 18%.

Just started taking clenbuterol to spread things up before the great Aussie summer kicks in..

Last edited:

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
just to show u how i sorta eat

around 9-10 i had grams of pourage with a glass of milk

just before i left for work (11.30) had a bananna, mango a muslibar and a glass of cranberry juice.

after work 4.30 i had a chicken wrap

then before gym (5.00) i had 2 tins of tuna and a bananna and a glass of water

then for dinner tonight i had a chicken Brest fillet with rice, satay sauce and some broccoli

and im about to go and have snack now then a shower and a walk.

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
now ive had to make alot of assumptions to serving sizes etc, but looks to be around 2200 calories.

depending on your weight/activity level, assuming you are working out pretty hard you would want to be around 2500 at least depending on how big you are.

You can afford to get some cheap calories by increasing your healthy fats e.g maybe a handful of nuts

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
How fast are you expecting to put on weight?

If you gain 5kg per year, you could consider that doing very well :p

I would be more focused on the numbers you record after each workout. Are you getting stronger? Did you deadlift a maximum of 150kg for 5 reps this week, as opposed to 145kg a month ago? Etc...

Also, if you're not recording your workouts... that's probably the main reason you're not gaining weight... you need to keep records so you know when you need to increase weight, reps, etc.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
now ive had to make alot of assumptions to serving sizes etc, but looks to be around 2200 calories.

depending on your weight/activity level, assuming you are working out pretty hard you would want to be around 2500 at least depending on how big you are.

You can afford to get some cheap calories by increasing your healthy fats e.g maybe a handful of nuts
That seems low?.. My Daily calorie intake to maintain current weight is 2800.

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
That seems low?.. My Daily calorie intake to maintain current weight is 2800.

yeah as stated, had to make a heap of assumptions no idea what he weighs, if he has an office job etc...

but 2500 is the minimum to be growing unless he is very small- i was moreso trying to demonstrate that often those who arent gaining are undereating... having said that, Jonno's calories could be double my estimate based on serving sizes etc

easy enough to stick your specs in a calc and find, then track intake via an app and you'll know for sure. bottom line - if you arent gaining, eat more