Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

///The Japanese I4 Rig

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Very nice Jonno! I agree, needs some bigger tyres under it. Still running stock boost?

Sent from here, so you can read it there. via iPhone.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
Very nice Jonno! I agree, needs some bigger tyres under it. Still running stock boost?

Sent from here, so you can read it there. via iPhone.

yeah stock boost for now, i want to put abit more into it.. but i have no idea about turbos!!! haha
i will start my own thread later tonight and chat on that!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slapped the muddies on the Hilux this evening, planning on getting out to the High Country this weekend. Craigs Hut and Blue Rag are top of the list of things to see.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
Slapped the muddies on the Hilux this evening, planning on getting out to the High Country this weekend. Craigs Hut and Blue Rag are top of the list of things to see.

ill be heading up to coongulla (lake glenmaggie) pretty excited
need a weekend away

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
I'm such a likewhore
Looks like good fun
Want to see the tree damage

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
So, the Hilux has been lacking a bit of power lately, so decided to see what the issue was. The air intake "throttle body" has a pipe coming off it, where there is a rubber blanking plug. Turns out that the blanking plug had a hole ain it where the clamp had been rubbing, and it had been venting alot of boost pressure out of the intake.

I noticed that the boost would take a long time to increase, and would take a long time to come down aswell. Now, it snaps up and snaps shut. Engine is much more responsive and it doesnt need almost full throttle to handle a hill.

So fixed the blanking plug, cleaned out the intake pipe elbow and down inside the IM as far as i could reach

IMG_1838.jpg

IMG_1839.jpg

IMG_1840.jpg