Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The JC Darwin Awards thread

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
I thought that it would be good if we could put together a bit of a Darwin awards thread. (After a quick search I couldn't find one)

Would be good if you link straight to a news publication for the story behind it and we keep the thread as flame retarded as possible.

I'll kick it off

THE family of a teenager who died train surfing overnight has remembered him as a likable larrikin with endless energy.

James Wilkinson, 18, was on top of a city-bound train when he came into contact with live wires at Caulfield Station just before 11pm yesterday, the Herald Sun reports.

Paramedics were unable to reach him immediately out of fear they could be electrocuted too.

"Unfortunately, he died at the scene," Ambulance Victoria spokeswoman Susannah Wilson said.

The former De La Salle College and Camberwell High School student had been at an 18th birthday before the tragedy.

He had called himself the "Kelly Slater of train surfing" on a social networking site last year.

His parents Tim and Audrey Wilkinson this morning urged other teens not to train surf.

Parents mourn teen killed train surfing at Melbourne's Caulfield Station | The Courier-Mail

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
I like it how he called himself the Kelly Slater of Train Surfing.... LOL!!! No dude. You died cause you 're dumb. Kelly Slater is still very much alive and surfing. :D

fyfee

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY II Calais
His parents Tim and Audrey Wilkinson this morning urged other teens not to train surf.

Surely teenagers shouldn't need to be warned about this? Everyone knows trains are electrically operated via overhead lines and if you touch live wires you die

Natural selection at it's finest. I have no sympathy for such stupidity

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
He called himself the Kelly Slater of train surfing and now he's the Colonel Sanders Secret Crispy Skin Recipe of train surfing.

Seriously, when I was a teenager I did some pretty dumb **** but this is just a know other level of stupid.

VZ_SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Train surfing....... Sounds like he was an oxygen thief anyways.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Here is another. What a muppet.

Man dies after crane fall | News.com.au

A MAN is dead after he fell from a Sydney crane during an apparent Australia Day prank.
A group of men scaled a perimeter fence at a building site in Manly about 12.30am (AEDT) today, police said.

The men then scaled a 45-metre-high crane and walked along its arm before one man fell, dying instantly.

The man was believed to be aged in his 20s.

A crime scene has been established and police are investigating the circumstances of the death, which are not believed to be suspicious.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Fark... that is a long way down. Long enough (about 3 sec) to have a think about where you went wrong, that your about to die and there is NOTHING you can do.

Banicks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais '07
Regarding that crane one, there seems to be a craze going around lately of heroes going onto the very end of the swing arm and then hanging down from the support struts and doing pull ups - no harness or parachute etc.

All it will take is a sweaty palm, frosty metal or a misplaced foot and you will have the above.

On the one hand I feel no pity for them, but on the other I'd be devastated if it was my child. I just hope I can instill common sense and logic into them before it is too late.

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Gold:

"Due to the fact it was dark, he decided to light a match or a cigarette lighter to help him see better, and unfortunately the results of petrol in the flame caused a fire," he says.