Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The JC RC Car thread

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
Hey guys im looking at buying a petrol rc car. But i don't know much at all about them and how to service and maintian them etc, i'm wondering if it's easy to learn and do or if you need to know some things to keep them going and to not break them. I think there was a thread on here before but i can't find it
Advice and opinions would be great, cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Only advice I can think of is to tighten all screws, bolts and nuts regularly. They always end up vibrating lose and falling out.

Use all the fuel in it till its empty every time or empty it, I don't know why but your not meant to leave fuel in the fuel container.

If you arent using it for a long time there is something you are put in the cylinder, not sure what it is, I think some kind of oil?

I don't own one myself but my bro does, its a 2 speed capable of 60kmph and out of service at the moment cos its missing about 5-6 screws from not checking them often enough.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
its cheaper running and servicing a real car,previous experience lol.
though a great hobby

Jacko84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina soon to be 5L
sorry to hijack your thread but im after a petrol rc to so any info would be good

doms1

Reaction score
Members Ride
BANNED
its cheaper running and servicing a real car,previous experience lol.
though a great hobby

Yep they chew tyres,motors,and everything else.Had a mate who used to race em and it cost him close to $15k for 2 years of racing.He has built himself a corolla now to do track days and is in front.if you just want to muck around buy a Ebay cheapie and when it breaks ditch it.Can become very addictive and expensive

Jacko84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina soon to be 5L
F*** Me I thought a $200 second hand rc car was the way to go

vpcalais6

F#%ING [P] PLATER
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
V6 manual vp Calais
The reason not to leave fuel in the tanks is because it goes off then it is ****

When you buy a litre of fuel you should you it all or keep it in the fridge otherwise the oil will separate then wen u try and use it your car will run like **** or not at all

I have 5 nitro rc cars ATM

But they are all broken when I crash them or break a belt or drive shaft I just buy a new one it's easier but way more expensive