Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The LJ Torana Project

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
melt the lead out and find all the spot welds that hold the guard on drill them out then weld back through the holes with a mig welder to put it back on .Ive got the welder and know how to weld so I just need some time should be finished in six months putting rb30 and five speed in mine though .if it fits round the steering

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN exec project vh in the shed
any progress onthe lj mate cant wait to see what she turns out like next time im in sydney i'll try and get some pics of my mates 308 2 door lj and post em up for ya

custom vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
nice work mate,Yes they are getting more expensive these days,Me and my father have just finished building his 2 door,There is a small pic of it in the latest queensland street car magazine,it is hothouse green with a come racing 355,Very silly machine,absolutely awsome.
Your 202 idea is good and probably the cheapest way,just throw in a 40/80 cam and with the yella terra heads and triple carbs it will move very quickly,i personally would put in a ecotec V6,power to weight would be excellent and the conversion wouldnt cost much more then a rebuilt 202.good luck with it.

08_adaml

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII Spac Manual
we spent two years creating our little 308 LJ "Torrie''.

We love it, painted Devil Yellow, BnM Quickshift, original inside and out but with XU-2 Specs.

But the car hammers, we struggled to get ours engineered as the new laws for power to weight ratio's were coming in. heres a pic. i can send more if u want.

View attachment 37861

Last edited:

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
thats one very nice lj torrie you got there mate, love the plates too... suit the car

Kevhaze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 6sp Manual
yeah the old torana is getting rare now your lucky if u have one. iam in the process of doing mine up at the moment wont be finished for a while i reckon but i cant wait :yeah:
P1010021.jpg

P1010019.jpg

i look forward to seing how your project goes

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Kevhaze, thats one hot LX you have there. And the fact it's a coupe makes it that much more sexier. :p I love that colour on Torana's. I've only seen it in the flesh on one other torana, and that was an SLR/5000.

What motor you running in that? 308?

Kevhaze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 6sp Manual
355 stroker with flat top pistons and the heads are as a work mate put L34 or better it was orignaly manual then someone put an auto in it and now iam putting a 4sp muncie rock crusher in it that dad had lieing in the shed it was my first car bought it when i was 15 now 19 i also have a xc coupe which i just rebuilt i thought i had better do the torana
here are pics of the xc
KevsXCFront.jpg

KevsXCBack.jpg

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
drool, mate you deserve a medal doing up two very rare beasts good work!

R0d

Reaction score
Members Ride
cammed vu maloo r8
355 stroker with flat top pistons and the heads are as a work mate put L34 or better it was orignaly manual then someone put an auto in it and now iam putting a 4sp muncie rock crusher in it that dad had lieing in the shed it was my first car bought it when i was 15 now 19 i also have a xc coupe which i just rebuilt i thought i had better do the torana
here are pics of the xc
KevsXCFront.jpg

KevsXCBack.jpg

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: