Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Motorcycle riders thread

BrettP75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais S1 6.0Ltr
Fort
Good to see a quality shoei helmet.
Glad you are mostly unscathed.
Bike is repairable and you will ride again :)
yeah fortunately my son works for a H-D dealer and has several of the parts in his tool box. Lucky nothing was broken on the bike all cosmetic.

BrettP75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais S1 6.0Ltr
I tend to follow the Pilot mantra when it comes to riding a bike. Pilots say that "Any landing you walk away from is a good landing". You walked away so it was a good day. Look after the thumb and get back in the saddle.
Yeah could have been a lot worse. Geez I rate Bisley work pants too. Only thing that happened to them was zip ripped off the pocket.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
a guy on a Kwaka forum I visit is trying to sell his ZX12R

all cleaned up for sale he says, even polished the tyres

sm_doh.gif
336656980_1209553553032620_8586569913258477737_n.jpg

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Only one more sleep before the Portuguese Moto GP.
This season the regulators are going to enforce "minimum front wheel tyre pressures. This could mean more crashes because of the front wheel "washing-out".
Marquez has threatened to walk if Honda can't provide a more competitive package. Miller's on
a KTM, he seemed to be coming to grips with the Ducati towards the latter part of last season.
They've had two pre season testing sessions and although the
Yamaha's were down on power at the first session, by the second session they were more competitive.
The Factory Ducati's look like they will be setting the benchmark again this season.

gokiwi64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ HSV Clubsport
That R1 is absolutely on point as far as sport bikes go.
So cool (and performance to match).
The R1 was harder to ride
The Aprilia looks good. Which one
is your favorite?
The Aprilia by a longshot , The Firestorm was easy to ride but pushed hard the suspension would tie itself in knots , The R1 was bonkers mental (it had flat slides and a few R1 cup parts in it) was damned rapid but you had to work for it, The RSVR was just so easy to ride and ride fast it was the most rewarding.

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Apart from an RZ350 and an S 1000rr all my other bikes have been Hondas. The first Honda was a VF750, it was the most balanced bike that l've ever ridden.
After getting used to the Hondas l got an S1000rr, it must have taken me about 6 months to get used to the different riding style.
The BMW owners manual stated that before attempting a burn-out to "first disengage traction control". I have never read that in an owners manual before.
I see that your just up the road in CH.CH. Having 3 bikes to choose between, before going for a ride, would put an even bigger smile on your face. Happy Trails.

Last edited: