Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Navy

Kirbs

L plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS II
Well I applied for an apprenticeship in the navy as an electrical technician (Fixing weapon systems, Radar systems etc.). I had the aptitude test yesterday and I got a list of job opportunities. Well I wasn't going to join because I am in a residential draftsman course full time next year, But after yesterday it has changed my mind a little. The navy would be wicked fun (traveling) and I would be earning a fair bit of money. The hard thing is leaving all my family and friends. Also, If anyone is in the Navy and knows a bit about recruitment could you please shoot me a PM.
Cheers.

If you have been considering have a read.
Benefits | Pay & Benefits | Navy | Defence Jobs

Robbo_c

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais II,2007 Calais V
Hey I just went throught the recruitment process for the Army and I leave for Kapooka on the 27th of October,so if you have any questions about the recruitment process just send me a pm.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Hey I just went throught the recruitment process for the Army and I leave for Kapooka on the 27th of October,so if you have any questions about the recruitment process just send me a pm.

good luck there man, you will need it lol, my mate finished training there 3 - 4 months ago and is now in Timor

Kirbs

L plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS II
Sent you a PM robbo. Cheers mate.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
good luck there man, you will need it lol, my mate finished training there 3 - 4 months ago and is now in Timor

:rofl: Yes, because it is so hard nowadays...

OP, you won't be earning that good money, in fact defence wages are crap. If you are joining for money, you are joining for the wrong reasons.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
:rofl: Yes, because it is so hard nowadays...

OP, you won't be earning that good money, in fact defence wages are crap. If you are joining for money, you are joining for the wrong reasons.

yeah he had some good stories for me too lol

he also joined for the wages, and i was earning more then him in retail lol

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
^^^

I was being sarcastic, kapooka is a walk in the park nowadays, needs to go back to old days of hardcore where you got beaten, slapped, kicked, spat on etc. That **** rebuilt heads. From meeting a few new lids when i was last at my old unit, I have to say kapooka/Singo training courses are a joke. Many old friends have left simply due to not being able to rely on new gen soldiers. Fairly scary thoughts right there.

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Minux you are starting to sound like a cranky old man these days :p

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
^^^

I was being sarcastic, kapooka is a walk in the park nowadays, needs to go back to old days of hardcore where you got beaten, slapped, kicked, spat on etc. That **** rebuilt heads. From meeting a few new lids when i was last at my old unit, I have to say kapooka/Singo training courses are a joke. Many old friends have left simply due to not being able to rely on new gen soldiers. Fairly scary thoughts right there.

true lol well he though it was bs and crap