Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The 'ol Switch-A-Roo!! [aZk]

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Well, this took abit of thinking but i finally decided... im getting a new car!

But its not that simple.

I love my VN, its a nice car (see pics) but i HATE the issues with body + paintwork. When i bought the car origninally, it was an ex-hail damaged car. New bonnet, doors, boot and bogged to the hills. I didn't know this until recently when in the heat. My roof now has more crows feat than.... well ive never ever seen anything this bad before nad my rear quater has split complety... its a very horrible sight. Alone with all this, there is enough shades of red on this thing to make "roxannes" lips jelous... it aint good.

But the small issue of a nice engine with low kays, brand new suspension throughout with all new nolathane bushings and strut brace. 18" ANZ rims and a stero to be proud of... plus the interior and stuff.... i didn't want to just get a new car, too much work... soo i dedided that id just give my car a new lease on life.

I have brought a shell, its from a VP SII and it is in really good nick! Straight as ryan renalds and it has the glassy-est paint job i have ever seen. Along wiht a few other bennifits, i decided that i was gonna turn the VN into a VP.. besides, i like VPs better... maybe less stigma or something. Anyway... so i thought that i would post up some pics of the shell, my car and the fist photos of my car when i bought it, just for some laughs!

The plan is to swap it all over and scrap the rest. Should have some parts up for graps when i get round do doing this aswell. will post up some questions i have when i get round to it.

I would really only like constructive advice or support here as its stressful enough.. dont like it then dont say nothing, please.. its my baby!

P.S. Anyone thats wants to give me a hand when i get round to doing this, plan to knock it over in 4 days straight, i need you! SE Burbs Vic.

Stay Tuned!

aZk.

oh and those on the first Dyno day Cruise for Vic will be the last too see it a red VN... well, its the last cruise ill tkae it on before it gets changed anyway!

Attachments

• JC1.jpg
    JC1.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 350
  • JC2.jpg
    JC2.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 367
  • JC3.jpg
    JC3.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 344
  • JC6.jpg
    JC6.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 372
  • JC4.jpg
    JC4.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 365
  • JC5.jpg
    JC5.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 372

benzor

yawn :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
Just remember the laws about putting an older engie in a newer car =p

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ita the same engine.... the 3800 didn't change right through to the VR... im pretty sure the emissions thing was the only issue i had to worry about and as far as that goes im sure they is absolutly no difference.

Im sue if there is issues then a dogy bit of paper work should solve all those issues right up.

aZk.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well the engine and transmission has been dropped out of the car and its pretty much ready for me to pick it up this week sometime. Im guessing that it will happen on Friday but im not too sure.

Should be good.

P.S. Loooking to buy VS interior INCLUDING dash...

aZk.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
That VP shell looks bloody nice :) Hope it all runs smoothly for you. All that VN running gear in the sheek blue VP with a VR dash should be mint ^^

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
That VP shell looks bloody nice :) Hope it all runs smoothly for you. All that VN running gear in the sheek blue VP with a VR dash should be mint ^^

Thanx mate, im hoping so too.... its really hard coorindating 3 different people to try and have a smooth trip in terms of mooving the shell.... im not stressing about the engine swap its the friggin moving thats worrying me! anyway...

aZk.

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
It sounds like a fun project. You will have full rights to boast about it once your done. You can say I built it and mean it :thumbsup:
Im with Morton too, that vp does look nice.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanx mate, appreciate the support.

Yeah the body is brilliant... im not mechcanically minded with cars as i have had very little to do with them but ever since i i started tinkering iver found i pick it up pretty quick so although i have never done this before im sure that it cant be that hard once i get started! That and ive got JC to help when i **** up! hahahah

aZk.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
i wouldn't go putting a vr/vs dash in.. too much effort, and from other people say i don't think everything will work. do a search on it

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok.... DASH is not an INSTRUMENT CLUSTER... by dash i mean the long thing that the cluster sits in... you know with air vents, exec badges... that DASH not cluster. I already have a L3 cluster that will be going in and thats fine for me. I MIGHT be looking into putting a VT L3 in some day or something but for the moment, my VN Calais dash is perfect.

But thatnks for the advice, easy to get confused.

aZk.