Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Other "Rides"

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
everything at the shop has arrived.
so picked up the New Workstand (by Topeak). which as scales on it. Commencal actually weighs 18.7kgs :eek:
so much better then flipping the bike over to change things. and packs away very nicely. highly recommend it.

also picked up spare tyres for the BMX, probably put them on just before the states.

and lastly the most important part. FELT is in the shop getting cranks fitted, they are also fitting the forks and going to give it a good once over for me.
shall put a pic up once its done.

also changed the tyres on the commencal. maxxis minions in prep for the cressy race. (workstand made it a breeze)

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
ok so I haven't gotten a picture uploaded yet, but I will.
Supercross bars are about a month away, but that's fine, could get chrome ones now but ill wait it out for black.

but I bought these:
Sammy_Cools_1__resize.JPG

nothing too fancy, just liked the look of them.
oh and the arm on the lever is carbon fibre :p
fitting them tomorrow.

back on the 37 tooth chainring, will be getting a 37 tooth 4 bolt profile ring soon so I can line up the chain correctly, the raceface MTB cranks shift it over just enough that the profile will be needed to make it line up straight.

also this years titles is going to be tough, state titles track is not a forgiving track and requires a lot of effort it you want to go well.
good thing lots more practice is going to be offered before then.
will require a lot more effort if a good place is to be had.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
so pictures.
full bike is an older pic, just without the new brakes. the chain is no longer a half link and its now a 37t ring instead of the 39t profile that is shown,
pic of lever is the new lever.

new brakes went on nice, no issues, spaced tightly to the rim for less slack in the operation.
looks good I must say.
kept the old cable as it was black and blends in with the bike.

166744d1381730833-other-rides-carbon-lever.jpg

166745d1381730837-other-rides-raceface-cranks.jpg

166746d1381730842-other-rides-forks.jpg

as said, still to come:
37t profile ring to space it over more inline (chain)
Supercross Bars in Black.
still considering Hope BMX hubs and maybe Alienation Rims. the hubs still aren't released yet :(

then probably just buy a cheapo frame and build up a 2nd bike just for giggles with spare parts possibly with harder gearing for training purposes.

Attachments

• Carbon Lever.jpg
    Carbon Lever.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 356
  • Raceface Cranks.jpg
    Raceface Cranks.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 338
  • With Forks.jpg
    With Forks.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 351

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
so kind of an update.
past week it was making a bit of a noise now and then, down at the bottom bracket, or assumed it was down there.
so todays task was to pull it apart (the cranks off and leave bracket and bearings in).
began to pull it apart and wondered why the cranks wouldn't come off. had to go to the shop and ask, damn Raceface and their complex yet quite simple once you know how design to remove the cranks from the central part.

after shown, got it back home and greased up every internal part with lithium grease, a good coverage was applied.
it did seem a little dry when I took them off, may have caused a bit of metal on metal rubbing.
and reassembled.

hopefully it fixes the noise.
will probably also do the headset next weekend if any noises are still there.

and the supercross bars are still on their way.
37t profile is on its way.
and still contemplating hope hubs.

oh, lastly.
I crashed the other day, scratched the new brake level near where it has the signature. so much for new :p

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
good stack yesterday landed me in an ambulance and into hospital :p
don't really know what happened but if my memory serves me right some wind got me and I went down hard.

but looks like the bike will need some fixing.
so first up is bars. they got badly damaged in the crash, haven't checked properly but apparently they are bent out of shape. so new temporary bars itll be.
also scratched up the new brake level, but these things happen.

and ill hopefully be able to order some other stuff today.
new frame (may be a while before it arrives, itll be a custom paintjob), new hubs (Hope) and have them built into a wheelset with probably box focus rims.
should be good.

now to look around and see if someone managed to get a pic of the crash :thumbsup:

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
now have the new frame. not the wheels though, still having a few hassles getting the hubs.

was going to go for a S&M speedwagon in clear black, but ran into issues, and in the end didn't really want to have to pay atleast an extra $200 for the paintjob, since its a standard colour they have on other models. the importer didn't want to have anything to do with racing, so it was really their loss.
instead scored this:
11_interbike_DSC_0087.jpg

that's not my one, but its the same, raw brushed alu. mines also cruiser sized, not 20inch.
not very common, do know of a few, don't know of any cruisers though. so wont be racing against any others with the same bike :p

had it for one serious ride, and due to lack of chain tensioners put enough force down to pull the front wheel forward, causing chain to come off, thus having pedal into the calf.
needless to say, the next day I bought tensioners, will get black coloured ones when I can though, but it gives much more confidence.

the shorter back end can certainly be felt, and it does feel itll be a lot more manual and jump happy.
also have the rear at the longest it can be, so itll go shorter after aus titles, don't want to change too much before then.

hopefully will get out there some more and really get to feel it more and build up the skills, certainly does feel like it is more playful and responsive on the track.

if I get a picture ill put it up, although id rather wait for the wheels.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Well the wheels are still coming. no word on Hope Hubs so no idea whats going on there.
also have some new parts coming.

might notice in the pictures a missing tooth on the chainring.
did notice it today looked like it has some metal stress. must be creating too much torque :p
noticed it on all the chainrings I have. all made from 6061 Alloy.
is also interesting that this one has lasted all of about 6 months :s
new chainring on its way is same size, but of 7075 alloy. so should be good to see what happens in terms of wear and tear.

and here are the pictures.
and yes the red does blend in. its not just a bit of random colour. just don't have my red coloured racing transponder on at the moment. and also the numberplate is red.

172161d1400478398-other-rides-anarchy-front.jpg

172162d1400478401-other-rides-anarchy-side.jpg

Attachments

• Anarchy Front.jpg
    Anarchy Front.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 282
  • Anarchy side.jpg
    Anarchy side.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 284

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Nice... (10 char)

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
it is rocking a few new parts, chainring, pedals and a new seat and post. not worthy of a pic though.

however, chainline is still a PITA. and due to it, chain came off and went headfirst into the next jump on the weekend.
so have been in contact with a engineering place. we are going to figure something out.
the easy way would be to just go buy proper cranks, but im not going to go down that path, like it being different.
going to see what a good outcome may be, possibly going to get some custom stuff done.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
WOO!

Speedline Cranks arrived the other week. and a few other parts.
ordered the Hope Hubs aswell, should hopefully get them soon.

Got the rear rim redone onto a Runaway Rim, so much bombproof they are.
getting ready to get the front rim changed over aswell. seeing I ordered 2 runaways.
Cranks are on and it is a perfect chainline.

but here comes the fun part.
due to the frame design I now have 1-2mm gap between chain and frame.
that is with it spaced out with tensioners run on the insides for the spacing.
but it works, and I have a clear protector for when the chain would rub, so because it is working, it aint being changed.

having got a suitable pic but will soon.

oh and finally started to jump on it.
got coaxed into a small tabletop, and thanks to racing at speed jumping was natural, so cleared it a few more times.
might be the start of something new here.