Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Queensland/Northern NSW Floods Thread

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
There are 230,000 homes in QLD without power, mostly up North, but including 88,000 in Brisbane.

Those up north had 80,000 fixed overnight, and they are predicting another 40,000 today maybe, but the remaining >100,000 of those up north will be up to 48hrs before power is restored.

gino001

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy 5.7l ss Commodore
I live in Bundaberg it is really bad here we are now in new record levels. So from here on out we have no clue what's going on. The water just seems to keep on rising and won't seem to stop

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Geez mate.. Hope you're safe.. It's pretty crazy.. I've got a bunch of family and co-workers in bundy.. None of the reports are good..

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco

326099_4876604647453_1810981004_o.jpg

vlcsnap-2013-01-28-16h34m55s164.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
just me being a yobbo

Last edited by a moderator:

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I heard on the news Bundaberg is being evacuated as the river has broken it's banks. Set to be the highest levels on record.... All the best to all the Bundy people out there.

as for Toowoomba, minimal damage this time around thankfully. 2011 I ended up with an inch of water through the house.
We had huge winds, lots of rain (nearly 200mm in less than 24hrs) - trees down all over the place, but overall we were lucky in Toowoomba, only caught the edge of the weather front

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Yep...got a text from a mate this afternoon, apparently North Bundaberg is now being evacuated to Oakwood State School...they had originally set up North Bundaberg High School as an evacuation centre...then that started to go under. They had to evacuate the evacuation centre, FFS. :eek:

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
My suburb is ok this time (Brisbane western suburbs), just lost power, mobile and internet. Last time we were isolated and an airforce helicopter landed on the school oval with food supplies as the supermarket had run out.

Nothing in comparison to those poor bastards that have just rebuilt and are getting flooded again.

Starting to think about getting out of Brisbane all together. Its a shitful place.

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom
OMG.....Queensland its flooding, like that never happens.....Global warming for sure. Or bad development planning on natural flood plains, that then force water to go places it normally doesn't? What ever the case, it took ten years of drought before we started building De-sal plants, and the next year it rained and they become white elephants, so I guess it will take ten years of flooding before someone says hey lets put some plumbing in and make a big dam somewhere.....by then El-Nino will be back, and we will have a massive dam that never see's a drop of rain for ten years but at least when we get the floods back in 20 years it will fill. Man that is like planning for something that may not happen in 20 years time, but most likely will, and will most likely do they same thing for the next 200 years, I must be crazy. Queensland, I'll give you a F**Kn' weather report for the next 4000 years, it will be hot & dry, and then hot & wet, remember those houses ya used to build because of the floods, what were they called?
Yes Queensland, you f**kn' Flood, always have, always will.