Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Do you know what our gun rules are?

Not really. But better than Americas. Thats for sure.

So hungry! Forgot lunch. Work on wagon was to important..

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
The American tragedy - again.
Thats just ####ed. Killing your family and kindergarten kids.. WTF is wrong with Americans.. They need our gun rules..

Considering they weren't his guns and he was obviously ####ed in the head do you really think it would of stopped anything. If our gun laws are so great why the massive increase in gun crime in Sydney, oh wait because criminals don't care about laws.

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
I bought 48 cans of dr pepper for $30... My day has been pretty awesome

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
I do not want to detract from the seriousness of the horrendous incident, but 93 people* were also killed by people driving cars on the same day in America.... Should they adopt Australian road rules also, or just ban cars outright.

I'm not having a go at you Wombles, just giving some perspective. It has nothing to do with guns, a person could drive her car into a crowded peak hour school bus stop and do the same damage or worse, it is more about the person. They say 1 in 4 Australians will suffer mental illness in their lifetime, does this not tell you that more support and resources are needed to ensure these people are able to maintain a regular and normal lifestyle. The stresses and pressures in modern day society see people who clearly need some support or assistance, being totally ignored until they have an 'episode' then all sorts of bans and restrictions to every bodies life/lifestyle are called for, when it was as simple as offering someone a bit of help in the first place, even a simple 'are you ok mate, you seem a bit off?' may well just stop someone from going over the edge - saving their life.

*average number of people killed in car accidents daily in USA, source: Wikipedia.

FWIW its my kids 4th birthday today and the party is going on behind me right now with his friends, I can feel for those affected by the recent tragedy in America and shudder to think that something similar could happen here. I am also a gun owner.

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
I do not want to detract from the seriousness of the horrendous incident, but 93 people* were also killed by people driving cars on the same day in America.... Should they adopt Australian road rules also, or just ban cars outright.

I'm not having a go at you Wombles, just giving some perspective. It has nothing to do with guns, a person could drive her car into a crowded peak hour school bus stop and do the same damage or worse, it is more about the person. They say 1 in 4 Australians will suffer mental illness in their lifetime, does this not tell you that more support and resources are needed to ensure these people are able to maintain a regular and normal lifestyle. The stresses and pressures in modern day society see people who clearly need some support or assistance, being totally ignored until they have an 'episode' then all sorts of bans and restrictions to every bodies life/lifestyle are called for, when it was as simple as offering someone a bit of help in the first place, even a simple 'are you ok mate, you seem a bit off?' may well just stop someone from going over the edge - saving their life.

*average number of people killed in car accidents daily in USA, source: Wikipedia.

FWIW its my kids 4th birthday today and the party is going on behind me right now with his friends, I can feel for those affected by the recent tragedy in America and shudder to think that something similar could happen here. I am also a gun owner.

I dont get why people are making a fuss about only the children killed in the shooting when 7 others died... plus the shooter .

Also nobody has mentioned the children in china who were stabbed at school around the same time, these kids however arent dead (yet)

It kinda makes me think people only care about people once they die, if they are alive nobody could care less