Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Got an email a couple of weeks ago offering me three months of Spotify Premium for $14. Held off until last pay and managed to have $15-$16 left on my prepaid Mastercard. Signed up Tuesday night. So much better when you can skip 100 songs instead of just eight an hour. Plus you don't have random songs that play before you get to the song you want to listen to and you can replay a song ten times over if you want. Just wish they would make this their standard price and not a special offer that only comes every now and then.
The free Spotify for me. It's FREE! Just like all the other radio stations.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
Got an email a couple of weeks ago offering me three months of Spotify Premium for $14. Held off until last pay and managed to have $15-$16 left on my prepaid Mastercard. Signed up Tuesday night. So much better when you can skip 100 songs instead of just eight an hour. Plus you don't have random songs that play before you get to the song you want to listen to and you can replay a song ten times over if you want. Just wish they would make this their standard price and not a special offer that only comes every now and then.

If your phone is connected to the car radio, Why not use YouTube instead of paying for Spotify?
If you pick a song you want then it also picks related songs

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Yep, here on the Sunny Coast, FM 104.9 Sunshine Coast Radio available on your phone.
Not for profit station plays lots of oldies, you know, the songs you can actually understand the words to.
We pay for Foxtel only cause swimbo wants it but gees, you watch a movie you watched in 1979 and the pricks cut 1/2 an hour out of it.
:rolleyes:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I normally use the free one, but once in a while I like to be able to choose my next song. The free version doesn't normally work like that. I won't pay full price, which is why I like it when they offer a special deal. $14 is not much a couple of times a year. I like to treat myself every now and then, and I'm pretty happy I got another special offer, as I thought they may have stopped.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I have been paying for spotify for years, I am the mother who pays the family sub for everyone to hang off.

We listen to enough music that we justify it. Plus podcasts & audiobooks. I get value.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I don't use it enough to justify the price (Mr26 paid for ours until he moved to aussie). But when out driving the last thing I want is to hear adverts and not be able to listen to what I want to listen too. It also works when you loose signal which is a real bonus.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I don't use it enough to justify the price (Mr26 paid for ours until he moved to aussie). But when out driving the last thing I want is to hear adverts and not be able to listen to what I want to listen too. It also works when you loose signal which is a real bonus.
we have a old phone that we use for long road trips with many playlists downloaded so we have music when out of signal

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
we have a old phone that we use for long road trips with many playlists downloaded so we have music when out of signal
Yeah another feature the free one doesn't have, being able to download play lists.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

I think I have a good 30-40 hours of music on my phone. My old work play list is about 14 hours long, long enough I could start it at the beginning of a shift and not need to thing about it till after the start of the next shift (12 hours).

I have my play lists but also just complete albums. I download over wifi so I'm never burning data playing music when out on the road. Same with audio books, I'll download and then play on a trip when by myself.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Pretty happy the RBA left interest rates on hold this week. I was thinking they may have increased them. I dare say I think we may see another rise this year at some point.

I was speaking to the boss at Aussie and he said there are still plenty of people out there spending decent coin with still lot left over. He also said there are many who are really feeling the pinch. So it would seem that the hikes are really only effecting some households and not as many as I thought it would have and not as many as the media portrays.

So by the sounds of it those who are paid well are still pushing up inflation?