Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
currently raining here in vic, i just closed the doors as its getting cold...

It was humid as F today in ACT, now it's night temps are good summer night weather where you van walk around in, shorts, thongs and T-shirt.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
It was humid as F today in ACT, now it's night temps are good summer night weather where you van walk around in, shorts, thongs and T-shirt.
oh dear god
i just had a mental image of shane in a thong
move over borat

WillyTheMLGPro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman 50th Anniversary
By grabbing 4 spots on a car, it is easy to tell if it has had a pretty good hit.
Actually bringing this back, Can you let me know what spots these would be?
I'll probably go shopping for an old Commodore or Falcon sometime this year and could know the spots to check.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Actually bringing this back, Can you let me know what spots these would be?
I'll probably go shopping for an old Commodore or Falcon sometime this year and could know the spots to check.

About 4 to 6 inches from the guard on the sill, front and back if it has had a big hit, there will be dots, like someone has hit it with a centre punch a dozen times....There will be edges on those dots as well....Easy enough to feel and easier to see...

It's caused by the jaws holding the car on a chassis straightener....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hahhaha, some Gen 1's & II's come out straighter after being on the chassis machine than they did from factory. This is what a bloke who was in the crash repair business for a few years told me. He was told that by the bloke who used to sign off on WWO's, back in the day. Apparently to have them pass they had to be perfect yet some didn't come that way from the factory.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Finished the usual friday food shopping and was walking back towards the escalators when i spotted the new Doughnut King that had just opened . Had a quick look at the price list. A family pack of 12 doughnuts was $42.00, ffs does that include shares in the business too couldn't believe the price.

WillyTheMLGPro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman 50th Anniversary
Finished the usual friday food shopping and was walking back towards the escalators when i spotted the new Doughnut King that had just opened . Had a quick look at the price list. A family pack of 12 doughnuts was $42.00, ffs does that include shares in the business too couldn't believe the price.
Thats $3.50 per donut....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

I could comment about getting paid to make donuts in prison, but that'd be inappropriate... :D

Paying to support the yanks buying through donut king

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Hahhaha, some Gen 1's & II's come out straighter after being on the chassis machine than they did from factory. This is what a bloke who was in the crash repair business for a few years told me. He was told that by the bloke who used to sign off on WWO's, back in the day. Apparently to have them pass they had to be perfect yet some didn't come that way from the factory.

When I used to wheel align, the variation was incredible.
We did suspension on the VE's and VF's for the dealer when they wanted them lowered.
Which is how I found the secrets in the rear suspension.

And these guys through the union were on massive dollars pumping out ****. The USA stopped taking VE chassis and GM made the new chassis based off the VE design but made in the US.